"Beliefs Bigger than Baseball"

glenn__davis

Reminds me of when I got slammed by a few here for when I said that I think it’s clear that Elias and co. do make some moves beyond statistical performance.

It’s clear both the players and the team value something in regards to the intangibles. 

And I agree, regardless of how one may feel, it’s a good read and good insight into this team.

• Upvote 1

I know I’m going to get slammed for this but what the heck.  Most Spanish countries are predominantly Catholic from what I remember.   It’s just a little odd that not one of the players quoted or mentioned in the article is Hispanic.  I’m not inferring anything besides it being odd.   This team is no doubt very close.   

It is wonderful that these young men shared a spiritual dimension of their lives that they believe has helped both their lives and their work. 

As a Christian, I do see the potential for this article being used (as it already is) by the media and by those that I have both theological and political disagreements with. 

As an Os fan, my preference is for our guys to hit the ball, pitch the ball, throw the ball better than the opposing teams.  God knows we all could use a World Series win!! Lol  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I know I’m going to get slammed for this but what the heck.  Most Spanish countries are predominantly Catholic from what I remember.   It’s just a little odd that not one of the players quoted or mentioned in the article is Hispanic.  I’m not inferring anything besides it being odd.   This team is no doubt very close.   

Just because you say you aren't inferring anything doesn't mean you are not inferring anything

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Just because you say you aren't inferring anything doesn't mean you are not inferring anything

Ok.  All of the players mentioned in the article are white Christians.  I guess I’d like the story more if the tight knit group seemed a little more diverse.   That’s just me.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  All of the players mentioned in the article are white Christians.  I guess I’d like the story more if the tight knit group seemed a little more diverse.   That’s just me.  

We don’t know if there are others in the group who Viviano didn’t choose to interview.  It’s not a long article and only 3 players are quoted.  

In any event, as I said, I’m all for people who draw positive messages from their religion.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

We don’t know if there are others in the group who Viviano didn’t choose to interview.  It’s not a long article and only 3 players are quoted.  

In any event, as I said, I’m all for people who draw positive messages from their religion.

There are 6 names, if my math is correct, either mentioned or quoted.

Tyler Wells

Kyle Gibson

Danny Coulombe

Adley Rutschman

Austin Hays

Gunnar Henderson

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Exactly right. No reason to try to push some bs narrative. Just too many unknown things. 

All we should be drawing from this article is that it shows another way this team is tight knit.

No reason to make it anymore than that.

• Upvote 4