O's non tender candidates according to MLBTR

wildcard

I don't think all these will be non tendered:

Ramon Urias -  2M.      No Option, Tendered and Traded

Jorge Mateo - 2.9M.      No Option, Stays for his speed.

Ryan McKenna - 740K.   No Option,  Non tendered,  May be brought back on AAA contract if he does not find a major league deal.

Cole Irvin -  1.8M        Tendered

Dillon Tate  - 1.5M     Depends on his health.  Has option left

Jacob Webb - 1.2M.  No option,  Too close to call.  

Keegan  Akin - 800K    He has an option left which might save him,  could go either way.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/2023-non-tender-candidates.html

Edited by wildcard

• wildcard changed the title to O's non tender candidates according to MLBTR

Tate will be non tendered.  He’s damaged goods.   
Mateo is a maybe.  I think everyone else is tendered.

Urias could be the starting 3B but even if he isn’t he’s perfect depth at 2B and 3B.   

The Orioles were willing to pay Ryan O’Hearn 1.4M last year to be depth at AAA.    

There are quite a few of these I wouldn't tender IMO.  Shop them for a lottery ticket and if no takers non-tender.

Can/should go - Urias, Mateo, Tate, Webb

50/50 - McKenna (I don't really want him on the team, but I'm concerned about the lack of an ok fielder if Mullins gets hurt again, as I'm not sure we bring Hicks back, and even if we do he's not a good CF any more.  The OF who is ready for MLB are corner fielders, not CF.)

Tender - Irvin, Akin

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

There are quite a few of these I wouldn't tender IMO.  Shop them for a lottery ticket and if no takers non-tender.

50/50 - McKenna (I don't really want him on the team, but I'm concerned about the lack of an ok fielder if Mullins gets hurt again, as I'm not sure we bring Hicks back, and even if we do he's not a good CF any more.  The OF who is ready for MLB are corner fielders, not CF.)

Tender - Irvin, Akin

Webb???  I’d keep him.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Speaking of O'Hearn, could he be a potential nontender? Should be due to make, what, $3M? And taking AB's that could go to Kjerstad, Cowser, and eventually Mayo. 

19 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Tender - Irvin, Akin

I hope we nontender Akin. Why would we keep him? He has been terrible except for one outlier half season.

Agreed with the others. Regarding McKenna, one name that jumps out to me on the MLB list is Laureano. He does everything McKenna does but better. Hate to spend any money on an OF but I'm worried Mullins may not be totally reliable. 

20 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Speaking of O'Hearn, could he be a potential nontender? Should be due to make, what, $3M? And taking AB's that could go to Kjerstad, Cowser, and eventually Mayo. 

I hope we nontender Akin. Why would we keep him? He has been terrible except for one outlier half season.

Agreed with the others. Regarding McKenna, one name that jumps out to me on the MLB list is Laureano. He does everything McKenna does but better. Hate to spend any money on an OF but I'm worried Mullins may not be totally reliable. 

Also Laureano hits lefties very well. 

I believe O'Hearn has a ton of trade value, even at 3mil. 

Ramon Urias -  2M.     Should go 

Jorge Mateo - 2.9M.      Should go

McKenna McKenna - 740K.   Should go

Cole Irvin -  1.8M        Good depth - Long man

Dillon Tate  - 1.5M     Depends on his health.

Jacob Webb - 1.2M.  Was the real Webb the beginning/middle of the season or the end?

Keegan  Akin - 800K    Should go

Ramon Urias -  2M.      Tender

Jorge Mateo - 2.9M.      Non tender 

McKenna McKenna - 740K.   Tender

Cole Irvin -  1.8M        Tender

Dillon Tate  - 1.5M     Non tender but open to minor league deal if health is good

Jacob Webb - 1.2M.  Non tender

Keegan  Akin - 800K    Non tender

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

My only thought with Akin is he hadls an option.   Otherwise I wouldn't tender him either.  

Ramon Urias -  2M.      Tendered 

Jorge Mateo - 2.9M.      Bye Bye (Hello Joey Ortiz)

McKenna McKenna - 740K.   Bye Bye

Cole Irvin -  1.8M        Bye Bye

Dillon Tate  - 1.5M     Bye Bye

Jacob Webb - 1.2M.  Bye Bye

Keegan  Akin - 800K    Tendered

19 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Tate will be non tendered.  He’s damaged goods.   
Mateo is a maybe.  I think everyone else is tendered.

Urias could be the starting 3B but even if he isn’t he’s perfect depth at 2B and 3B.   

After thinking about it… I think Tate is a slam dunk to return. The option(s) he has alone are worth the $1.5 million. We need RH relief options. Especially with Bautista out all of next year. Coloumbe, Irvin, Webb, Perez, Baumann, and Davidson, all are out of options for next year. That leaves only Cano, Wells, Baker, Tate, Akin, Zimmerman, and Vespi, as relievers with options on our 40 man. Mostly anyone we’d claim off waivers are likely on waivers because they’re out of options as well. 

Tate is a good gamble to carry through ST with the current roster construction and see what he has. If we wanted to DFA him it could be similar to O’Hearn last year since he has a $1.5 million salary.