Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, RZNJ said:

Ok.  @Frobby you juvenile delinquent please try to be more like the sophisticated poster known as @HakunaSakata

Trying to snitch tag now huh?  I specifically said "just to argue" in my comment, which isn't what @Frobby is doing. 

31 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Does it honestly matter how random posters on a White Sox message board value our prospects? I can maybe understand wanting to check their message board to try and get some intel, but this whole idea of setting up profiles just to argue with them seems unbelievably juvenile, counter productive and a giant waste of time. 

16 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I like Clevinger or Bieber more then giving up to much for Cease.  Clevinger was better than Cease last year as well.  I would stick with an offer of Cowser Ortiz and lottery ticket or two for Cease and if they don’t want that go after Clevinger or Bieber keeping most the prospects.  My order preference.  (Outside of trading for Luzardo) 

1. Bieber for Hays and prospect 10-20 range 

2. Cease for Cowser Ortiz and lottery ticket

3. sign Clevinger 2 years 30 million.  

On Cease not me …They aren’t getting 2 top 50. 

If I’m Elias I move Mateo and Hays or Santander off the roster. Cowser and Ortiz start the season at LF and SS. Gunner is my 3B. Urias is my utility player.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@Roll Tide quickly becoming the 2nd most hated Orioles fan over there.

Baron

Posted 2 minutes ago

So did Sports Wizard need some lackeys to come here because his insults about our reading comprehension and baseball knowledge weren't hitting home? 

I’m a lackey of Rob’s ….. Pretty funny considering our differences here most of the time.

15 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Trying to snitch tag now huh?  I specifically said "just to argue" in my comment, which isn't what @Frobby is doing. 

So Frobby isn’t wasting his time by registering and posting over there?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Aren't we all "wasting time" by being here?

I could be scrubbing my toilets right now if I wanted to be productive.

I agree 100%.  That’s my whole point.  He’s all up in arms about a few of our posters going on the WS board.   Who cares?   I find it very entertaining.

26 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

They probably wouldn't resonate with many posters, and it'd be a tougher sell to the fanbase, but Getz probably ought to be more on Braylin Tavera, Luis De Leon types than 25 year olds.

This is a really good point, IMO.  Focusing on MLB-ready (or close to it) guys in trades for their best players right now is most likely a counter-productive pursuit for CWS.  Taking the long view and trading for a larger quantity of high-upside guys that are 2+ years away from being MLB regulars may be the smarter strategy.  As you point out, fans of any team would struggle with that.  Patience and trusting in the process are not really attributes that fan bases tend to exhibit.  We sure didn't.  What we don't know is how patient CWS ownership is and what mandates Getz may be operating under.

10 hours ago, SemperFi said:

That's incorrect:

"Per the filing, Elias only chose to join the Orioles because Baltimore "codified" several things in his contract that gave him the power to make staffing decisions without ownership involvement."

And it wasn't a ME quote-it was per court filings.  I read it wrong initially too.

Thanks for the clarification. 

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Aren't we all "wasting time" by being here?

I could be scrubbing my toilets right now if I wanted to be productive.

This is the only accurate and honest comment in this entire 170 page thread.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

@Frobby you should do a poll on the WS site.  From what I can see they don’t like any of our prospects outside of Holliday.  Mayo, Basallo, and Kjerstad have 1B risk.  Ortiz is too old and has no upside.  Norby’s defense.  Cowser’s ML SSS.  Any prospect we are willing to give up because then they must not be any good.   

All of these are very valid concerns. You gotta hear differing opinions sometimes. There’s this vast separation on Joey Ortiz. Why does everyone get so offended when it comes to him?  Do people really hate Mateo that much?

I like Ortiz. I don’t think he’s a base stealer at the MLB level. I didn’t see that type of explosion and quickness. I also worry about his power in OPACY, but that’s any RH hitter. Maybe the most controversial take that will get people fired up… Gunnar is better defensively at 3B and SS. Also, that’s not a knock on Ortiz at all. 

Can people give a take on Joey Ortiz without mentioning Jorge Mateo or Adam Frazier?

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

So Frobby isn’t wasting his time by registering and posting over there?

One could argue I’ve wasted 10,000 hours by registering and posting over here, so what’s a few more over there? 😎

Honestly, I’ve gotten some useful perspectives from Sox posters over there, which is why I registered and posted there.  But about 90% of it has devolved into a pissing contest, which is too bad.  

I would sign one of the non-QO FA SP's and move on.  Use some of the other pieces for other areas of need.

Montgomery or Snell takes $20-25M/yr for the shortest amount of time. (maybe a Sonny Gray-type contract (3 years, 75M)?). Is it risky? Overpay? Probably, but our payroll is so ridiculously low is it worth the increased chance to go further in the playoffs?  What about the extra revenue a WS-caliber team that is set up to have a better chance?

We have enough prospects to bolster other areas.  And, IMO, if it is not pitching we would get a much better return trading prospects for more established, i.e., more enticing for rebuilding

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

That’s right. And somehow Sox fans think they deserve one of Holliday, Basallo or Mayo. 

One ? 😂 they want Kjerstad/Mayo and Basallo or Cowser and Ortiz. Or ….. . They expect 2 top 50 guys and emphasized over and over that despite his rankings Ortiz is a lesser prospect. A fine second piece mind you but not a headliner. 

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

All of these are very valid concerns. You gotta hear differing opinions sometimes. There’s this vast separation on Joey Ortiz. Why does everyone get so offended when it comes to him?  Do people really hate Mateo that much?

I like Ortiz. I don’t think he’s a base stealer at the MLB level. I didn’t see that type of explosion and quickness. I also worry about his power in OPACY, but that’s any RH hitter. Maybe the most controversial take that will get people fired up… Gunnar is better defensively at 3B and SS. Also, that’s not a knock on Ortiz at all. 

Can people give a take on Joey Ortiz without mentioning Jorge Mateo or Adam Frazier?

Those last 2 have/need to be cleared from the roster.

I’d love to know @Tony-OHs take on Ortiz at SS with Gunnar at 3rd vs Gunnar at SS with Ortiz at 3B or 2B … and if Westburg would play 2B or 3B. I think the best alignment is Gunner 3B, Ortiz SS, Westburg 2B, and Mayo at 1B