Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Here’s Getz asking Elias for Basallo, Mayo or Holliday as a headliner. IMG_4610.gif.dee43bf31ba9826243787200af41ade0.gif

Don't worry Chicago White Sox guy doesn't like Mayo, he won't stick at 3B and profiles as a 1B yet his man crush on him is astounding.

14 minutes ago, Malike said:

He's super obnoxious over there too. Really salty know it all, haha.

He’s way better than most. He’s at least an intelligent poster that wants actual discussion. A lot of that board is like reading the old Sun board. Just horrible.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s way better than most. He’s at least an intelligent poster that wants actual discussion. A lot of that board is like reading the old Sun board. Just horrible.

I dunno, he's passive-aggressive and insulting people. I tend to think people who do that aren't seeking actual discussion. Plus, his wants are incredibly unrealistic.

34 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What do you guys think about this deal? 

https://www.mlb.com/news/dylan-cease-trade-proposals

This guy clearly doesn’t know prospects. He’s just reading the Pipeline list and spouting off names. He’s says Bassillo is our #5 prospect. While this is technically true, it’s only because they haven’t posted their updated list. It’s likely he will be our #2 prospect and maybe a top 10 overall. 

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Arguably the best thing in the franchise after the first movie. 

Can’t see you guys talking about the Sox GM without picturing him. 

Are you trying to say that franchise isn’t that great or just putting Pesci on that high of a pedestal?  Because that’s an amazing franchise. Not many can come out with 4 movies that are all quality. Most can’t even do 2.

3 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

This guy clearly doesn’t know prospects. He’s just reading the Pipeline list and spouting off names. He’s says Bassillo is our #5 prospect. While this is technically true, it’s only because they haven’t posted their updated list. It’s likely he will be our #2 prospect and maybe a top 10 overall. 

This is what I said and their clown poster is saying that I don’t know anything and that he thinks it’s obvious you trust the MLB writer…even though no one has heard of him, he has 4200 twitter followers and clearly has no idea what he is talking about w/r/t these players.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This is what I said and their clown poster is saying that I don’t know anything and that he thinks it’s obvious you trust the MLB writer…even though no one has heard of him, he has 4200 twitter followers and clearly has no idea what he is talking about w/r/t these players.

The most hilarious thing out of all of this discussion is they really think without Cease, our team sucks. This is a team filled to the brim with young talent that has been improving each year. Sure, another pitcher would be nice, but they're acting like if we don't add Cease, our season will be a disaster and it's a beyond stupid stance, almost as stupid as their insistence that anyone thinks Ortiz is a headliner but they keep puking it up. Stupidity there knows no bounds.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

The most hilarious thing out of all of this discussion is they really think without Cease, our team sucks. This is a team filled to the brim with young talent that has been improving each year. Sure, another pitcher would be nice, but they're acting like if we don't add Cease, our season will be a disaster and it's a beyond stupid stance, almost as stupid as their insistence that anyone thinks Ortiz is a headliner but they keep puking it up. Stupidity there knows no bounds.

Certainly makes you appreciate this place a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Certainly makes you appreciate this place a lot more. 

They just don't understand if you are trading Kjerstad, Mayo, and McDermott, you're getting a player superior to Cease with more team control.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Are you trying to say that franchise isn’t that great or just putting Pesci on that high of a pedestal?  Because that’s an amazing franchise. Not many can come out with 4 movies that are all quality. Most can’t even do 2.

It’s a great franchise but adding him in the second one was a great move because it kept it from going stale. They could trot out Gibson and Glover again and just rehash everything but Pesci being added to it let them do some fresh stuff.  He fit in perfectly. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s a great franchise but adding him in the second one was a great move because it kept it from going stale. They could trot out Gibson and Glover again and just rehash everything but Pesci being added to it let them do some fresh stuff.  He fit in perfectly. 

Ok, I see what you are saying. I agree…same with adding Chris Rock in 4. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1