92 wins, or what’s behind the curtain

Frobby

Would you prefer to lock in 92 wins, or take your chances?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to lock in 92 wins, or take what’s behind the curtain

• 92 wins - almost certainly guarantees a playoff spot
    • I’ll take our chances

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/23 at 18:33

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea that’s it. It has nothing to do with the idea that it factors in the things pitchers control and park factors.

FFS, your response here was immature, idiotic and flat out stupid. 

You want to not educate yourself? Fine.  You want to hang onto the glory days of what baseball card stats said in the 50s.  Have at it.  But don’t cry because you don’t understand something and choose to ignore things.  That’s a you problem, not a me problem. Keep your head buried in the sand and choose to not learn more beyond what you believe you know.  Seems like a worthwhile trait and quality to have.

I explained the issue with fWAR and provided examples to back that up, not sure what you want.

7 hours ago, btdart20 said:

We were projected pretty low for all things FG related.  IIRC last in the AL East.  

92 might be the most in the AL East in this projection.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

He said it was.  

Yeah, in the tweet he said we were first behind the Rays and Jays.  I don't expect to win 101 games again this year.  But something between last year's projection (#?) and last year's performance is what I was wondering about.  If we were last, then 92 might be that number.  If we're above 92 at the end, we're likely winning the Division.  At 92 we are in the Playoffs... 

1 hour ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

Yeah, in the tweet he said we were first behind the Rays and Jays.  I don't expect to win 101 games again this year.  But something between last year's projection (#?) and last year's performance is what I was wondering about.  If we were last, then 92 might be that number.  If we're above 92 at the end, we're likely winning the Division.  At 92 we are in the Playoffs... 

Last year was about 81 wins.

I’m not following the underlined comment?