MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Like I said, we don't have a prospect like Pepiot right now. He's not as upside-y as Grayson, but he's had success everywhere. He would instantly be our best pitching prospect now that Grayson is graduated. 

Of course Pepiot also has graduated, and has a year less service time remaining than Grayson does.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Like I said, we don't have a prospect like Pepiot right now. He's not as upside-y as Grayson, but he's had success everywhere. He would instantly be our best pitching prospect now that Grayson is graduated. And I would start him over Kremer without hesitation. 

He'd be our best pitching prospect, sure, but he was nowhere near as highly ranked as Grayson was coming up through the minors.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sorry, I think I quoted the wrong post lol.

But what I 'm saying is, they got the equivalent of like Grayson, basically. Really Pepiot is a probably a tier below Grayson but we don't really have that type of pitching prospect right now with ML success like Pepiot has, plus 5 years of control. Plus they got a big power OF in DeLuca whose MiLB numbers remind me a little too much of Kjerstad for my own comfort. 

So, I think a guy like Burnes would require similar, and Cease just a bit less (but close with the extra year of control). 

Basically, I'm saying it justifies the White Sox asking for as much as they probably are. And we either give up something regrettable like Kjerstad and Hall, or we don't make the trade. 

In what world is Pepiot close to Grayson? He’s way out pitched his peripherals over his 78 ML IP. At 26, it’s not that impressive. 

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

He'd be our best pitching prospect, sure, but he was nowhere near as highly ranked as Grayson was coming up through the minors.

And that's why I literally said he's a tier below Grayson lol. We don't have a guy like Pepiot with the enticing blend of years of control and ML  (and MiLB) success. Other than Grayson, who is obviously in another tier. 

Edited by interloper

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

In what world is Pepiot close to Grayson? He’s way out pitched his peripherals over his 78 ML IP. At 26, it’s not that impressive. 

In the sense that's he's a young SP who has had ML success. My point was we don't have that guy. The only guy we have that's done that is Grayson. 

Therefore, I won't be surprised if the White Sox are asking for, at minimum, DL Hall in any trade for Cease. 

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, interloper said:

And that's why I literally said he's a tier below Grayson lol. We don't have a guy like Pepiot with the enticing blend of years of control and ML  (and MiLB) success. Other than Grayson, who is obviously in another tier. 

DL Hall is probably a more apt comp for Pepiot.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

DL Hall is probably a more apt comp for Pepiot.

And that's why I said Chicago would probably ask for Hall. Because Grayson is too much, and we don't have another guy who has graduated to the bigs other than Hall. But Hall doesn't have the ML SP success that Grayson and Pepiot have in common.

Sheesh. 

Edited by interloper

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

In the sense that's he's a young SP who has had ML success. My point was we don't have that guy. The only guy we have that's done that is Grayson. 

Therefore, I won't be surprised if the White Sox are asking for, at minimum, DL Hall in any trade for Cease. 

Bradish and Kremer fit that description. 

Pepiot has pitched 76 innings over 2 years. Very limited success . 

Edited by waroriole

Just now, interloper said:

Kremer does not, sorry. He lacks upside. Bradish is simply too crucial to our rotation. 

Hall is the best we could give them, so that's probably who they're asking for. Plus someone like Kjerstad. 

Oh you’re talking about people to include in a trade. Kremer has had a lot more success than Pepiot. Maybe the upside isn’t the same, but he’s more of a sure thing. 

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Bradish and Kremer fit that description. 

Pepiot has pitched 76 innings over 2 years. Very limited success . 

I love how a lot of O's fans are quick to label GRod a surefire ace for the forseeable future based on his success in the 2nd half in a comparable amount of innings, while for Pepiot, it doesn't mean anything. 

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I love how a lot of O's fans are quick to label GRod a surefire ace for the forseeable future based on his success in the 2nd half in a comparable amount of innings, while for Pepiot, it doesn't mean anything. 

Definitely some bias, but also probably some influence by how they were viewed as prospects.