Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

It could be Rubenstein doesn't want to change the name of OPACY. If that's the case, praise the man because <insert sponsor name here> Park at Camden Yards will sounds like crap.

Leave it Oriole Park.

Could be. Although I couldn't care less about the "Oriole Park" portion of the name, personally. If we can still legitimately call it Camden Yards, so be it. Nobody calls it Oriole Park anyway. Maybe Rubenstein would actually use the money instead of just pocket it. 

Edited by interloper

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

It could be Rubenstein doesn't want to change the name of OPACY. If that's the case, praise the man because <insert sponsor name here> Park at Camden Yards will sounds like crap.

Leave it Oriole Park.

That's true, there is that. 

Though I am assuming that Rubenstein purchased the team knowing this was on the table and didn't care about it.  Or to your point, he did nix it.  

But if he nixed it, I think it'd have been reported that way instead of the way it's being reported right now.  The reporting posted here makes it sound like the company that wanted to get its name plastered on Camden Yards is having second thoughts.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Doesn’t strike me as unusual to keep a lid on a big corporate deal until the deal’s done.  

So hopefully this delays it long enough that the Angelos family can’t pocket the 1st year of the payout.

23 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So hopefully this delays it long enough that the Angelos family can’t pocket the 1st year of the payout.

I don't think so, in a past life I have done numerous sponsorships with multiple teams and the first payment was always upon execution of the contract.  

47 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It was Ledo's Pizza

Ledo's Park at Camden Yards would be right up there with Loan Depot Park, Ring Central Coliseum, & Guaranteed Rate Field as some of the worst names for a ballpark ever.

It was Ledo's Pizza

Ledo's Park at Camden Yards would be right up there with Loan Depot Park, Ring Central Coliseum, & Guaranteed Rate Field as some of the worst names for a ballpark ever.

It was Ledo's Pizza

If there had to be a corporate name on the stadium, Ledo would be okay with me.  At least it’s a beloved local business, not some soulless national behemoth.  However, I doubt Ledo has that kind of advertising budget.  

57 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I doubt it's any of those.  Those gambling sites are so thirsty for mainstream acknowledgement and success that they wouldn't let an ownership change dissuade them.

I agree on that it's likely a bank or corporate entity.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

6 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Sorry about the same message posting 3x. Nothing was happening when I clicked on "Submit Reply", but apparently it was still going through every time I clicked on it.

Hint… in top RH corner of the post. Click …        Next press edit post. Then once in edit mode press … again and select delete. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If there had to be a corporate name on the stadium, Ledo would be okay with me.  At least it’s a beloved local business, not some soulless national behemoth.  However, I doubt Ledo has that kind of advertising budget.  

Guess it’s better than any number of things. But, I hate Ledo pizza …Pizza is bottom of the barrel comparable to most dying chains like Pizza Hut, Little Cesar’s, and Chuckie Cheese (think cheese, ketchup, and dough).  We used to go there for the Hot Chicken Salad which was basically a grilled chicken in a mixed vegetable salad w/ croutons. We always got it with Bacon and Cheese. Not sure if it was extra.went in one day and the portion was lessened into a smaller box. Makes no sense as pretty much any salad you buy at a restaurant is extremely over priced. But, that made it like we would need to buy 3 for 2 people. Stupid move on their part.