Jackson Holliday spring training watch

Frobby

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sometimes I can’t understand your posts.  This one I understand and wish I didn’t.  😆 

Whoever termed it “Just Regularese” was brilliant. They’re usually some of my favorite posts, but this forum should offer advanced degrees in studying it 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Whoever termed it “Just Regularese” was brilliant. They’re usually some of my favorite posts, but this forum should offer advanced degrees in studying it 😂

They have a “Just Regular” setting in Google Translate now.  Works pretty good.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

We aren't actually getting Matt Chapman or Manny Machado, though it'd be fun if we did.     Corbin Burnes is a proof of concept the Org winning a competition for a very high value player, but he is also cost constrained.

Eddie Murray coming back was a very happy memory, and so would Manny but I hope Coby Mayo becomes the third greatest 3B in franchise history.

We’re not bringing in Machado’s $35m contract thru age 41.

Matt Chapman is interesting.  Maybe an alternate universe with a different portfolio of prospects has Chapman as an Elias guy.  X factor is we know Chapman’s hit tool is suspect even when everything else reads red.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

The whole thing is completely misleading.  Tony gives each player a present grade and a future grade in all the categories.  @wildcard is citing only the present grades.  All the other grades cited from other sources are future grades.  Tony gives him a 45 grade as of end of season, but an overall future grade of 65.   That’s what should be compared to BA etc.  

Thanks, that makes much more sense. I was on my phone so was just seeing those numbers.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:54 AM, RZNJ said:

Elias is giving me the impression that 2B is Hollidays job to lose.   At this point I’ll be surprised if he’s not on the team OD.    Hopefully, he has a good spring.

If we see Westburg playing a lot of 3B then It will be a clue that Holliday has a chance of sticking.

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

I think the Burnes trade shows they are all in and that means I put Holliday's chance of sticking at 75 to 80%.

That only computes if you believe Holliday is one of our best 26 players as of Opening Day.  He may be.  I’m not assuming anything at this point.  

50 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

We’re not bringing in Machado’s $35m contract thru age 41.

Sure, but every trade transaction is an opportunity to renegotiate what the acquiring Club pays a player.

Peter Seidler's successors may not want to fulfill all of that contract's terms, and Manny Machado is still good.     The special pain of Chris Davis was him going all the way to worthless on the field.

Yankees Machado this summer once he's all healed up would hurt.   2023 Yankee 3B WAA wasn't as bad as 2023 Yankee LF WAA, but you get the idea.

The Giants weren't able to use their wealth on Judge or Ohtani despite trying, and I think they might be a fair spot to absorb some of the Padres contracts if in the medium term that organization decides it needs to do something like we did after Duquette/Buck.     I hope for Manny the rest of his great years aren't riding the Padres payrolls down, and don't think that's what is going to happen.   

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Us complicated guys say preordained.

They have slightly different meanings. Its a matter of agency.

Foreordination = Agency or choice

Preordination = No Agency or choice

Foreordination: One is ordained or called to something and may still decline, either willfully or through one's actions. 

Preordination: One is ordained or called to something and will be that something no matter what an individual might want or might otherwise choose. 

52 minutes ago, yark14 said:

All I'm wondering is who buys the kid beer.  Or perhaps Gunnar or Heston let him borrow their ID?

Lol just realized he won't be 21 until next December. If we're fortunate enough to see any postseason locker room celebrations he may catch a little hell for the beer showers 😂

51 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Lol just realized he won't be 21 until next December. If we're fortunate enough to see any postseason locker room celebrations he may catch a little hell for the beer showers 😂

If O'Doul's is smart they will give Jackson a nice endorsement deal.