Orioles 2024 Spring Training Tracker

Tony-OH

2/27 Box Score for position players....

BATTING
2B McCann (1, Sweet); Mayo (2, Sweet); Johnson, Da (1, Madden).
3B Johnson, Da (1, Guenther).
TB Holliday; Johnson, Da 6; Mayo 2; McCann 2; Robinson, E.
RBI Mayo (1); McCann 2 (2); Mountcastle (1).
2-out RBI Mayo; McCann 2.
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out Mateo 2; Stowers; Nevin; Beavers.
Team RISP 2-for-14.
Team LOB 10.

BASERUNNING
SB McKenna (1, 2nd base off Sweet/Rogers).
PO Fabian (2nd base by Magno).

FIELDING
DP (Mateo-Holliday-Mountcastle).

PITCHING

Excellent shutout/no baserunner outtings by...

Tate, Baumann, and Pham.

Pham went 2 innings. McDermott went 1.2 and had 2 walks and was relieved for the 3rd out of his 2nd inning by Gillis. Vespi and Grayson gave up the only runs of the day to the opponent. Grayson saw a home run hit off him in the 1st inning.

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Updated through today's game with Daniel Johnson having the big day at the plate in the 5-2 win.

Thank you, Tony.  However I want to bring something to your attention. While reading the updated original post, I noticed that Nick Vespi's first performance wasn't listed. In his Spring Training debut on February 24, he had one full inning of work, and struck out a batter and allowed no walks, for a perfect WHIP and ERA.

3 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thank you, Tony.  However I want to bring something to your attention. While reading the updated original post, I noticed that Nick Vespi's first performance wasn't listed. In his Spring Training debut on February 24, he had one full inning of work, and struck out a batter and allowed no walks, for a perfect WHIP and ERA.

Thanks. I sometimes don't worry too much about every outing unless it was significant. But I have been keeping up with pitchers so I may have just missed that one. 

Updated through leap year game.

- Mateo keeps getting SS starts but no outfield time.
- Basallo takes BP
- Yennier Cano has been put on a milk carton
- McKenna hitless while battling for a spot
- Holliday has first good game at the plate
- Burnes struggles
- Kimbrel, Coulombe and Webb all scored upon. (Bullpen not looking strong in early going)

• Upvote 3

Yesterday, 3/4, Kramer’s FB was consistently 93, fwiw. He threw a lot of breaking balls tho, I’d say fewer than  25% FB

Akin was 96-97.

O’Hearn had a nice throw in from RF to keep a runner on 3rd from attempting to score in the 1st, but then a rather weak-looking one later in the game that barely made it to the second baseman. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:09 AM, justD said:

Yesterday, 3/4, Kramer’s FB was consistently 93, fwiw. He threw a lot of breaking balls tho, I’d say fewer than  25% FB

Akin was 96-97.

O’Hearn had a nice throw in from RF to keep a runner on 3rd from attempting to score in the 1st, but then a rather weak-looking one later in the game that barely made it to the second baseman. 

Not sure what the deal was with Akin last year, but if he can find his way back to what he did in 2022, that could be huge for this bullpen.