Jorge Mateo 2024

Just Regular

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

When my son was in little league one of his friends got hit in the mouth by a bat that another kid was swinging behind the backstop, and had a bunch of teeth knocked loose.  The mom immediately pulled her kid off the team, and most of the moms blamed the dads for not creating a more disciplined environment.  

Yeah when I played little league a similar thing happened with a couple friends but no teeth knocked out.  Sh-t happens.  Hopefully Mateo's mom lets him keep playing.  

2 hours ago, yark14 said:

Idiots looking for attention on social media are claiming Mullins did it on purpose.  Where are we at in society?  Also, @Roy Firestone attempt at a joke just now is pathetic.

Hoping for the best for Jorge - if it is a concussion, they are never fun (I've had way too many).  Also, hope Cedric is able to move past this freak accident and focus on getting his hitting going.  We need him.

Message board Karen

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I find your last three posts confusing.  That’s all.  Goodnight.

I think you just read him wrong. His comment you're referring to wasn't referring to the Mullins comment at all. It was saying that the game thread, in general, has a disappointing vibe unless the O's are up big. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spy Fox said:

I think you just read him wrong. His comment you're referring to wasn't referring to the Mullins comment at all. It was saying that the game thread, in general, has a disappointing vibe unless the O's are up big. 

Guess so.  But he was quoting LA who found it (the jokes) pretty disappointing to him.   So when Malike says it’s only mildly disappointing if we’re up by 12 it seems like he’s throwing shade at LA.   

I just came here to see if Mateo had gone on the injured list.

To be honest, I think he should, because he’s probably not going to play tomorrow if he’s in concussion protocol, simply because nobody’s going to want to take a chance.

very disappointing injury.

I hope Mullins is OK too, I would be extremely upset if I had accidentally clocked one of my teammates.

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Guess so.  But he was quoting LA who found it (the jokes) pretty disappointing to him.   So when Malike says it’s only mildly disappointing if we’re up by 12 it seems like he’s throwing shade at LA.   

Maybe he’s throwing shade at somebody who hijacks every game thread.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, you read that wrong. LA2 is one of my favorite posters here and he knows it. No harm, no foul. If you aren't familiar with the game threads, it doesn't matter what the team is doing, people complain about it and people did make that same joke in the game thread long before Roy said it here.

Game thread in summary - when the O's are not doing well, it's insufferable, when they are doing well, it's mildly less insufferable. There, that wasn't hard. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I'm throwing shade at people. I'll leave that up to you to do, you're really good at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People are being a bit ridiculous with the holier than thou takes criticizing a little humor. I am not saying what happened couldn’t cause a significant concussion, but it would be a bit of a fluke if it did. Mullins barely hit him with the bat and he had a helmet on. The fact that it was in the back of the head did make him more vulnerable, but this wasn’t the type of thing you see and think he was lucky to be alive.  Guys have probably hit their heads harder on the top of the dugout or on the fence making catches.  And note this comes from someone whose son has suffered severe concussions and who is well aware of the dangers associated with them. In short, people need to lighten up a bit on guys like Roy.  It was a little gallows humor. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

That interpretation of Malike's comment is theoretically possible, but I didn't take it that way--didn't feel that shade was being thrown on me at all. But thanks for the concern.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

O's only have Gunnar, Westburg and Urias available for  3B/SS/3B if Mateo can't play for even a game.    Sounds like a roster move is coming if Mateo can't play tonight. Someone should be on a plane to Toronto.

Edited by wildcard

5 hours ago, LA2 said:

Interpreting Malike's comment that way is theoretically possible, but I didn't take it that way--didn't feel that shade was being thrown on me at all. But thanks for the concern.

I didn’t know.  That’s why I was asking what his point was.   As you can see, that didn’t go well. Lol

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

O's only have Gunnar, Westburg and Urias available for  3B/SS/3B if Mateo can't play for even a game.    Sounds like a roster move is coming if Mateo can't play tonight. Someone should be on a plane to Toronto.

Norby coming I would bet