O's sign Adam Eaton

BRob51

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles discussed Eaton with Phillies officials at the GM meetings, and again at the winter meetings. He's been on their radar for a long time

"The release surprised us some because we had intended to see him if he pitched this spring," He was on our target list, but since he was available today, we put in a call as soon as we knew he was released

"We're pleased. It's an opportunity to add a veteran starter.

I've got complete confidence in a GM who wants Adam Eaton on this team... :rolleyes:

Trading anything for Adam Eaton would have been the worst move of the offseason.

Mitchell, Hoey, Liz, Mickolio, Waters, Perez, Miller. There's your Norfolk pen.

And maybe that is the pen they will go with. Maybe not. You may be right and that Hennessey had no place there. A couple of these guys cold actually be in AA. Perez could use more time there. Mitchell can go wherever . . . it does not really matter. Just like Eaton . . . it does not really matter.

Reading the article about the statistical analysis which contributed to Brian and Nick's contract, and the fact that Eaton was released...over a week ago I think, it seems like AM didn't jump on Eaton with his eyes closed. I'll trust that he's done his due diligence in this case as well.

Eh, I'm not sure what statistical analysis would say Eaton is a good pitcher.

You're remarkable.

Would trading for Adam Eaton have been a good move? You can't say that it would have and meant it. The fact that he was on MacPhail's radar has to make you question MacPhail.

The fact we've got him in camp at all is bad enough, but imagine actually trading something to get him. The only way I would have traded for Eaton was if Jason Donald was coming back with him and we'd give them Baez or Walker. But to trade for Eaton alone would have been a stupid move.

We've got pitchers in the minors that can provide a 6.00 ERA.

Would trading for Adam Eaton have been a good move? You can't say that it would have and meant it. The fact that he was on MacPhail's radar has to make you question MacPhail.

The fact we've got him in camp at all is bad enough, but imagine actually trading something to get him. The only way I would have traded for Eaton was if Jason Donald was coming back with him and we'd give them Baez or Walker. But to trade for Eaton alone would have been a stupid move.

This is not a big deal. I'm not sure why you are freaking out about this. You might have a point as spring training rolls on or if he makes the 25. Right now . . . it is just hysteria.

I'll repeat: You're remarkable.

The fact that he was on MacPhail's "radar" (as a low-cost arm to add to our surplus of low-cost arms) does not make me question MacPhail - who's proven that he can make deals large (Bedard, Tejada) and small (Hill, Pie) and find real (and real cheap) value on the FA market (Izturis, Wigginton).

You're predispositioned to "question" MacPhail at every step. The problem is, that he's shown himself to be smarter about baseball economics, more rational, more understanding of value, and less myopic and obsessive than you are.

You can't even handle interwebs pressure without the cracks in your reason starting to show. It's scary to think what the real world might do to you.

Maybe they signed Eaton just to throw batting practice.

Looking at his stats, he's been doing that on a regular basis over the last three years.

And, of course, he'd be cheap. I know someone already pointed that out. Can't possibly leave out the one element of any signing that is always factored in at The Warehouse.

"Is he inexpensive?"

"Yes."

"OK, let's think about it, then."

This is not a big deal. I'm not sure why you are freaking out about this. You might have a point as spring training rolls on or if he makes the 25. Right now . . . it is just hysteria.

All you need to do is look at Trea's picture to know that he's

OVER THE TOP!!!!!!

It's his MO... it's who he is. It be what it be.

Archived