O's sign Adam Eaton

BRob51

Because Pedro isn't accepting a minor league deal. Or even a cheap MLB deal. He'll either get something he considers fair or stay home. Or follow the Clemens plan (the baseball-related one) and wait to come back until May or June.

I don't see him accepting a cheap deal from the Orioles. If he would, obviously that would be a much better idea.

I don't know Mack...He really seems like he wants to pitch...He may not have a choice...If he signed here, pitched well and showed he was healthy, he would end up being dealt anyway.

Ultimately, what you say here is probably correct though.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know Mack...He really seems like he wants to pitch...He may not have a choice...If he signed here, pitched well and showed he was healthy, he would end up being dealt anyway.

Ultimately, what you say here is probably correct though.

He's pitching for DR in the WBC, so he's getting his work in. He has the option of biding his time until a team sees health problems with their projected rotation. Then he'll take advantage of that. At least, that's what I'd do in his situation. I wouldn't sign any deal, incentive-laden or not, unless there was some guaranteed money involved.

I see him going to LA, as it's been discussed here. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if St. Louis moves in on him.

He's pitching for DR in the WBC, so he's getting his work in. He has the option of biding his time until a team sees health problems with their projected rotation. Then he'll take advantage of that. At least, that's what I'd do in his situation. I wouldn't sign any deal, incentive-laden or not, unless there was some guaranteed money involved.

I see him going to LA, as it's been discussed here. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if St. Louis moves in on him.

Pedro reportedly had his velocity in the 88-92 mph range in a 47-pitch simulated game over the weekend in the DR.

Apparently the Dodgers, Indians & Pirates have expressed interest, and I have to think LA has the inside track. Pedro played there as a rookie, and they're contenders in a nice pitchers' park who are still probably going to ink his old buddy Manny Ramirez when all is said and done.

He's my favorite active player, and the Orioles are my team, but I can't envision any realistic scenario in which they are a match.

Pedro reportedly had his velocity in the 88-92 mph range in a 47-pitch simulated game over the weekend in the DR.

Apparently the Dodgers, Indians & Pirates have expressed interest, and I have to think LA has the inside track. Pedro played there as a rookie, and they're contenders in a nice pitchers' park who are still probably going to ink his old buddy Manny Ramirez when all is said and done.

He's my favorite active player, and the Orioles are my team, but I can't envision any realistic scenario in which they are a match.

I had to look that up. I knew his brother, Ramon, had success there. I just always assumed he came up in Montreal's organization. Who knew he'd be traded for future Oriole Delino DeShields? :noidea:

I had to look that up. I knew his brother, Ramon, had success there. I just always assumed he came up in Montreal's organization. Who knew he'd be traded for future Oriole Delino DeShields? :noidea:

There are some cool baseball cards from that era of Pedro & Ramon together.

Ramon was such a star that it's sometimes hard to remember that Pedro used to be known simply as Ramon's little brother.

I just found a new Pedro interview and posted it in the MLB section.

Archived