Holliday or Skenes. Who would you rather have?

LookinUp

Who would you rather have?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Holliday or Skenes?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/24 at 19:53

10 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Skenes is obviously completely untouchable. This is a mere thought exercise. 

So of Skenes is untouchable and Holiday is untouchable l…maybe they’d be willing to swap “untouchable players”. We have to add to our side

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll take the elite MVP level positional talent over the CY talent. 

If you told me that Skenes was never going to get hurt, I may go with him but the risk is just too much if I’m deciding between those 2 types of players.

I'll take the elite Cy Young level starter over the unproven MLB hitter and average fielder.

If you told me that Holliday was never going to get hurt or stop hitting, I might still go with him but the huge gap in results to date is just to much to brush aside anymore.

Sure, I would change my vote for Skenes, if nothing more, for current need.   He’s exactly what we need.   He’s proven he’s the real deal.  How long his arm holds up is anyone’s guess.   Could be 6 weeks.  Could be 6 years.

50 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So of Skenes is untouchable and Holiday is untouchable l…maybe they’d be willing to swap “untouchable players”. We have to add to our side

That’s not how untouchable works lol. Pirates are never doing it. *Maybe* they’d trade him for Gunnar, hypothetically, but the O’s wouldn’t. 

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

That’s not how untouchable works lol. Pirates are never doing it. *Maybe* they’d trade him for Gunnar, hypothetically, but the O’s wouldn’t. 

Ok you’re the expert ….I get it 

38 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Ok you’re the expert ….I get it 

Ok, I know tempers are short on here right now with the way the O's have played lately... but seriously, think about if you were a Pirate fan. Would you be willing to trade Skenes for anyone? He's already the face of the franchise. It's literally not happening. 

I don't think Holliday is completely untouchable anymore anyway. Near untouchable, but not to the degree Skenes is.

38 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Ok, I know tempers are short on here right now with the way the O's have played lately... but seriously, think about if you were a Pirate fan. Would you be willing to trade Skenes for anyone? He's already the face of the franchise. It's literally not happening. 

I don't think Holliday is completely untouchable anymore anyway. Near untouchable, but not to the degree Skenes is.

Fans don’t make trades, My temper isn’t short. Players they could replace Triolo, McCutcheon, Hayes, Taylor…. And McCutcheon is hitting .232 and batting lead off. 

So we could send Holiday, Stowers, Norby, McDermott, and DeLeon. Other guys we could offer are Mounty, Urias, Hays, etc. the prospect package would be a haul. 

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Fans don’t make trades, My temper isn’t short. Players they could replace Triolo, McCutcheon, Hayes, Taylor…. And McCutcheon is hitting .232 and batting lead off. 

So we could send Holiday, Stowers, Norby, McDermott, and DeLeon. Other guys we could offer are Mounty, Urias, Hays, etc. the prospect package would be a haul. 

Well yes, we could offer a completely ridiculous package that is a laughable overpay that has zero chance of happening and is not worth discussing. You’re right. 

32 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Well yes, we could offer a completely ridiculous package that is a laughable overpay that has zero chance of happening and is not worth discussing. You’re right. 

So the 5 players mentioned is ridiculous? How so? I bet the Fangraphs simulator has it favoring Skenes value over those 5

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At this point, I'm not sure Pittsburgh would seriously consider Holliday + Mayo.  You can call them stupid or whatever.  Scenes is starting the All Star game and might win the Cy Young this year.

Maybe …two players doesn’t solve their problem. 

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So the 5 players mentioned is ridiculous? How so? I bet the Fangraphs simulator has it favoring Skenes value over those 5

Yes, it’s ridiculous. The chances of Skenes being traded is zero. Why are we discussing it? 

• Downvote 1