It's done - We have new owners! - Press conference right now on masn Orioles YouTube channel

spleen1015

3 hours ago, Since1984 said:

Good day! I have big hopes the new ownership group will improve the Oriole fan experiences that deserve real attention:

affordable MASN accessibility without cable contracts

Remove the TV’s that do not work at Camden Yards, replace them too!

Increasing or competitive payroll

extend/acquire elite talent

Annual OH free night at the yard

that should be good for 2024!

Repurpose the Hilton (make it an underground parking deck) so that we can see the Bromo Tower again. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Repurpose the Hilton (make it an underground parking deck) so that we can see the Bromo Tower again. 

The Hilton already has underground parking. Tearing down the Hilton and turning into an 'O's Village' of sorts with bars and a team shop would be such an upgrade to that plot. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

O’h yeah! It is definitely impacting the pitching and the batters eye. If Elias can move the wall back, let’s get rid of that atrocity!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

The Hilton already has underground parking. Tearing down the Hilton and turning into an 'O's Village' of sorts with bars and a team shop would be such an upgrade to that plot. 

Eh, what's a few hundred feet deeper with the parking ... 

But yes, dump the remains of it in the bay as a reef for corals or fish or whatnot. 

21 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Eh, what's a few hundred feet deeper with the parking ... 

But yes, dump the remains of it in the bay as a reef for corals or fish or whatnot. 

I agree. I have always hated that building. I wonder who owns the land?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Saw why you want about JA but that’s a pretty classy statement by him. Granted he managed to pay himself on the back quite a bit, but nothing he said ok that front was really wrong either. 

Not sure I 100% agree. While there's nothing wrong with the statement overall, he could have thanked the fans for supporting him and his family. He also of course pumped up his accomplishments on his way out the door, which is fair, but it reads as trying to cement his legacy. No mention of Peter either.