2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Just now, deward said:

A couple of surprises there. I'm glad HK is getting a start today, but surprised that it's in LF at home. Either way, glad is getting in. I also thought it would have been a good opportunity to get Urias in against a righty in place of Mateo. Still, that's a decent lineup today.

Means is an extreme fly ball pitcher, so having Kjerstad in LF at home is showing a lot of confidence in his ability out there, and in Cowser’s ability in CF. 

Cowser’s numbers in LF are very good this year (he’s already +4 OAA) so I’m glad to see him get some more CF opportunity.

Kjerstad needs the playing time and if they are willing to go with this alignment in the most extreme scenario testing Kjerstad's defense (Means, at home, Mullins off day), that provides a lot more flexibility for getting him in there. 

Posted (edited)

Kjerstad can make or break his case for more playing time today.  Big test defensively.  If he and Cowser look good it certainly opens up this alignment for the near future and even longer term.  Fingers crossed.

Note to both players.  Just hit the cutoff man and throw to 2B to hold the runner at 1B instead of attempting the impossible play at home plate.

Edited by RZNJ

29 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

We’ll be lucky if Kjerstad looks as good in left as Gurriel did last night trying to catch that shot from Cowser. It’ll be a circus. 

Here’s your big chance, a Cowser failure in CF and a Kjerstad failure in LF and you’ll have I told you so’s in two threads.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hope they’re reading the OH and take your note to heart. 

Haha.  That was more of a note to other Hangouters detailing what I hope happens.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

Here’s your big chance, a Cowser failure in CF and a Kjerstad failure in LF and you’ll have I told you so’s in two threads.

What is your problem?  That’s two posts from you talking about me throwing out an I told you so. I’ve made a lot of posts here, and I defy you to find a single one where I’ve said I told you so to anyone about anything. If you don’t think this board will go nuts if Kjerstad or Cowser misplays a fly ball or doesn’t get to one that it’s perceived a good OF would have, then o don’t know what to tell you. 

It’s a criticism of the board/posters. Not the players. And it’s certainly not me rooting against the players playing for the team I’ve rooted for my whole life. 

• Upvote 1