2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He has a 100 point career split in favor of LHP. He's going to start his share of games and those will mostly come vs LHP. I'd like to see Kjerstad replacing Santander and Cowser vs LHP on a rotating basis as long as he is on the roster. 

Mullins could rest too but he should be replaced by McKenna vs LHP.

I already talked about 2023 and 2024.  In 2022, his OpS vs lefties was 324.

Now, prior to 2022, he was very good vs lefties outside of an awful year in 2018…but when you have to go back 3 years, especially at his age, to justify a stat, that’s not a good thing.

1 minute ago, Natty said:

I wonder how many other teams lineups have a cleanup hitter with a .213 batting avg? 

Stanton against us in the Yankees series. He's all the way up to .227 now, though. Big bopper.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Stanton against us in the Yankees series. He's all the way up to .227 now, though. Big bopper.

Stanton did hit 59 HR one year. But after that, he never again came close to that number.

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I already talked about 2023 and 2024.  In 2022, his OpS vs lefties was 324.

Now, prior to 2022, he was very good vs lefties outside of an awful year in 2018…but when you have to go back 3 years, especially at his age, to justify a stat, that’s not a good thing.

Never mind, I totally missed that McCann had a reverse split over all of last year. Interesting, especially with Adley underperforming vs RHP in the earlygoing this year. Maybe they should flip roles to an extent if they keep this up. Ultimately I don't much care since McCann generally isn't in there for his bat and should be playing only enough to rest Adley. 

40 minutes ago, Royle said:

The Braves have Olson hitting 4th at .198.

The (so far) contending Mariners have Haniger at .215 and the Cubs have Morel at .213

Thanks for the info. It's good to know we are not the only team that is not good at math. 

It's getting to the point where whoever can draw a walk once in awhile should be the guy in the lineup.  The team won't continue to score runs by swinging at everything forever.  Reality will eventually set in.

1 hour ago, EddeeEddee said:

It's getting to the point where whoever can draw a walk once in awhile should be the guy in the lineup.  The team won't continue to score runs by swinging at everything forever.  Reality will eventually set in.

I saw Terrin Vavra's name in Aberdeen's box score last night.  On the mend!  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ugh, the stupid City Connect jerseys tonight.  Almost always losing home games in those.

Weather looks like crap tonight, maybe they'll skate on this one.