2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Only thing that makes me go hmm is why not play Stowers in RF again. Let Santander rest more.

Probably because DH makes it easier to pinch hit Mountcastle for him at the first meaningful matchup vs LHP

Edited by DirtyBird
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Only thing that makes me go hmm is why not play Stowers in RF again. Let Santander rest more.

If Santander's knee feels good he's probably the better RF defensively.

I hope Rodriguez has a better game against these Sox than the last ones. 5 BB in that game and 5 IP shouldn't be too hard to improve on, I guess. It's all about the fastball command, it would be nice to get more than 5 out of a starter tonight, though Irvin did what anyone could expect not being in the rotation for a bit.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

The order may be meaningless, but who's in it isn't. 😉

Mounty is 10-22 in his last 5 games. I need to look at his splits against Bello.

Edit:

Nothing meaningful. 1-5 .400 OPS.

Edited by Malike

Whenever I see something a bit puzzling in a Hyde batting order, I head to bbref and check the splits.

Mountcastle hot, but sitting.   Hmmm, I wonder if Bellow has very pronounced normal splits (i.e. righties hit him a LOT less then lefties).

Sure enough:

Career:  RH OPS .646 off Bello, LH OPS .782
2024:  RH OPS .713 off Bello, LH OPS .843

• Upvote 1

I missed this part of the game but why didn’t Hyde just hit Stowers who was 4-6 last 2 games and pinch hit Mounty for Mullins in the 6th? As stated before Stowers has hit LHP in the minors. Batting Hays for Mullins is like choosing which player will look better striking out.

16 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I missed this part of the game but why didn’t Hyde just hit Stowers who was 4-6 last 2 games and pinch hit Mounty for Mullins in the 6th? As stated before Stowers has hit LHP in the minors. Batting Hays for Mullins is like choosing which player will look better striking out.

Stowers was DH. Mullins playing CF. Impacts defense. Hays was bad tonight but hasn’t been awful recently.