2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Just now, forphase1 said:

O'Hearn in the outfield is never a good idea.   Yeah I want his bat in the lineup,  but yuck.  Plus with all the extra foul room in Oakland, just don't love the idea.   

I’d rather Santander in the OF. Also, no reason for Hays to play over Cowser and Kjerstad with a RHP. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’d rather Santander in the OF. Also, no reason for Hays to play over Cowser and Kjerstad with a RHP. 

Hyde’s probably just giving Hays a chance to keep up his momentum from yesterday, even though 2 of his 3 hits were vs. LHP.   Cowser’s done diddly lately.  As to Santander vs. O’Hearn in the OF, I prefer Anthony but Hyde probably just wants him off his feet for day.  O’Hearn has played much better in the OF this year than last year.  

Rockies Designate Dakota Hudson For Assignment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/rockies-designate-dakota-hudson-for-assignment.html

Dakota Hudson has been very good in the past. Is he possible help to us relief or starter?  He was 16-7 in 2019 for the Cardinals.  If he is still good, it is better than trading our farm for 1 pitcher!!!

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why is it ok for them to use splits this way but yet they won’t play guys like Stowers and Kjerstad vs lefties when their splits say they should?

The inconsistencies are incredible sometimes.

He's pretty upfront that the splits, reverse or not, are only one part of the equation.  Further, he directly addresses the Stowers/Kjerstad stats, and is pretty upfront: They don't really trust the MiL splits.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

He's pretty upfront that the splits, reverse or not, are only one part of the equation.  Further, he directly addresses the Stowers/Kjerstad stats, and is pretty upfront: They don't really trust the MiL splits.

Well you can’t have ML splits without trying and you have at least some reason to try.

Its a weak and really dumb answer…especially when the alternatives aren’t that great anyway.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you can’t have ML splits without trying and you have at least some reason to try.

Its a weak and really dumb answer…especially when the alternatives aren’t that great anyway.

As we've seen with Cowser, they're willing to give guys more and more ABs based on performance, and that includes against same handed pitchers.

Nobody is just going to be handed an every day position- as you define it- coming out of the MiLs w the possible exception of Holliday, and we saw even that was not open-ended.