2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I say let Mayo play too. But everyone here on this page  knows that. My reason is slightly different.Urias ISNT our future, he hasn't hit that well either. His defense has been ok but not Gold Glove. If the Orioles are worried about Mayo's defense let him DH. The kid needs at bats to get his feet under him. It's rare for ANY new call up let alone a 22 year old to be an instant success.Let him play. 

I don’t want Mayo rotting on the bench, but he doesn’t need to play every day, either.  Urias probably gives us a better chance to win right now.  He’s not a Gold Glover but he’s a much steadier defender than Mayo.  Eventually Mayo will outhit Urias, but not necessarily right now.  It’s tricky to balance making the move that gives you the best chance to win today vs. the move that will develop a player who will help you win down the road.   I don’t expect Hyde to go 100% in either direction.  He’ll try to do some of both.   

1 minute ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

It could be if the rest of the defense was playing better they would be willing to put Mayo out there.  But with our defense looking so bad, maybe they see Urias as a steadying force.  

I’d still have Mayo DH’ing over Jimenez though.  

Why? Jimenez is hot right now and has been hitting much better than Mayo who is still trying to get his sea legs.

If you are trying to win, shouldn't you play the hot hand?

I’d prefer they let Mayo try to get his bat going and use Urias as his defensive replacement in most games, but I’m fine with them letting Urias split starts since they reasonably could think he gives them a better chance to win right now.

They just better not keep Mayo on the MLB roster the rest of the season and lose his ROY eligibility for next year if he’s going to be riding the bench in a lot of games. Play him half time, let him figure out what he needs to work on, send him back to AAA for a couple weeks to play everyday and work on those adjustments. Ideally once Westburg has come back, if the timing permits. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m guessing Mayo starts tonight and Jackson has night off.  Not sure who Orioles think will back up Rasmussen. 

I’ll guess 

Cowser

Tony

Gunnar 

Mountcastle

Adley 

Eloy

Mullins

Urias

Mayo 

I’m guessing Alexander. Maybe Slater even gets a start over Mullins. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m guessing Mayo starts tonight and Jackson has night off.  Not sure who Orioles think will back up Rasmussen. 

I’ll guess 

Cowser

Tony

Gunnar 

Mountcastle

Adley 

Eloy

Mullins

Urias

Mayo 

Mullins 0 for 11 vs this guy. O'Hearn shouldn't be on the bench vs a RHP. My guess:

Cowser CF, Santander RF, Gunnar SS, O'Hearn RF, Adley C, RMC 1B, Holliday 2B, Mayo DH, Urias 3B 

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mullins 0 for 11 vs this guy. O'Hearn shouldn't be on the bench vs a RHP. My guess:

Cowser CF, Santander RF, Gunnar SS, O'Hearn RF, Adley C, RMC 1B, Holliday 2B, Mayo DH, Urias 3B 

I’m thinking they go lefty after Rasmussen. Not sure how long he lasts. Maybe Cowser doesn’t hit Leadoff either … 

Im already changing my lineup…

I’ll put Gunnar there now. 
Gunnar

Tony 

Mountcastle 

Adley

Eloy

Cowser

Slater

Mayo 

Urias

Final changes  😆