Jackson Holliday serving notice

Pat Kelly

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Elias is going to risk bringing him up in three weeks after he got Adley'd in 2022.

I think the Adley situation shows it isn’t about service time.  He was slated to make the team out of spring and got hurt.  After his rehab assignment in AAA he was brought up and not held down longer.  I think it’s 100% a development play and no manipulation. It just happens to be an unpopular opinion.  There dosnt need to be conspiracy theories for everything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think the Adley situation shows it isn’t about service time.  He was slated to make the team out of spring and got hurt.  After his rehab assignment in AAA he was brought up and not held down longer.  I think it’s 100% a development play and no manipulation. It just happens to be an unpopular opinion.  There dosnt need to be conspiracy theories for everything. 

That is not factually accurate.

He was put on the minor league IL and when he got off of it he was sent to Norfolk and played there before he got promoted to Baltimore.

There was a period of time between him finishing his rehab and getting promoted to the majors.

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That is not factually accurate.

He was put on the minor league IL and when he got off of it he was sent to Norfolk and played there before he got promoted to Baltimore.

There was a period of time between him finishing his rehab and getting promoted to the majors.

Part of rehab is playing games at a lower level.  

They didn’t game his service time.  

So you’re guy going with they tried to game gain time and they  made a colossal mistake that cost them a year? 

Doesn’t seem consistent with how they operate.  

Edited by emmett16

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

They didn’t game his service time.  

So you’re guy going with they tried to game gain time and they  made a colossal mistake that cost them a year? 

Doesn’t seem consistent with how they operate.  

Yep.

First year under the system, I think they thought he'd missed too much time.

Remember Jeremy Pena had a 763 OPS in April and an 871 in May.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep.

First year under the system, I think they thought he'd missed too much time.

Remember Jeremy Pena had a 763 OPS in April and an 871 in May.

I guess those methodical cats just screwed the pooch.  Seems unlikely but everyone is allowed their opinion.  

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I guess those methodical cats just screwed the pooch.  Seems unlikely but everyone is allowed their opinion.  

I think it's more likely that they miscalculated than they were that close to getting another year and just decided not to when they made it clear they were not trying to compete in 2022.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's more likely that they miscalculated than they were that close to getting another year and just decided not to when they made it clear they were not trying to compete in 2022.

If the goal was to get another year, why not hold him down another month? What do they gain out of bringing him up when they did?Ike you said, they weren’t trying to compete in 2022.  

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

If the goal was to get another year, why not hold him down another month? What do they gain out of bringing him up when they did?Ike you said, they weren’t trying to compete in 2022.  

Because they miscalculated.

Do you think they'd rather not have that extra year of control?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because they miscalculated.

Do you think they'd rather not have that extra year of control?

I don’t think that was their primary motivation.  I think they have a super strict dev protocol and don’t deviate from it for any reason.  They don’t  seem like the bunch to miscalculate on a move like that.  If the extra year was the prime motivator, they’d have kept him down longer v. Bringing him up to a team with no chance to compete.  

Just now, emmett16 said:

I don’t think that was their primary motivation.  I think they have a super strict dev protocol and don’t deviate from it for any reason.  They don’t  seem like the bunch to miscalculate on a move like that.  If the extra year was the prime motivator, they’d have kept him down longer v. Bringing him up to a team with no chance to compete.  

So was he making the team out of ST when he got hurt or was he going down regardless?