Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

3 hours ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

I’m expecting Grayson is going to be out for the year with Webb, but maybe we’ll be lucky. 

That's what I'm expecting too. I don't ever remember any good injury news being given at an Elias press conference.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In a weird way, it could be advantageous in the playoffs to have a few guys who missed some of August and September and are fresh.  Assuming we get to the playoffs.  

If the rehab and or rest somehow gets them ready to pitch better, this could be a plus. It would be silly to call it a blessing, but if Grayson and Webb come back strong, we are a better team for the playoffs...same with Westburg.

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

If the rehab and or rest somehow gets them ready to pitch better, this could be a plus. It would be silly to call it a blessing, but if Grayson and Webb come back strong, we are a better team for the playoffs...same with Westburg.

Exactly and add in Danny C … maybe they’ll be fresh and hungry.   Or… hungry and fresh.   I don’t know animals.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In a weird way, it could be advantageous in the playoffs to have a few guys who missed some of August and September and are fresh.  Assuming we get to the playoffs.  

I'd be so tempted to go to "load management" mode for Burnes and Eflin. I still wonder what might have been had we used Bradish as an opener April thru July. 

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Don't forget Danny Columbe (Sp) too. My concern is so many trying to come back in the month of Sept just a short time to rev it up for October  and that's if the Orioles get there . Also you are hoping there is no set backs in that time frame. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Because you said it will never be good.  That he could win CY awards and it not be good (or whatever awards/phrasing you said).  It’s just an absurd thought.    That’s what people jumped on you about.
    • Just DFA him already. Hopefully thats the move if Kjerstad is ready over the next few days. I doubt his rehab stint would need to be crazy long if hes feeling ok.
    • Just hoping we get Westy, Kjerstad, Mounty, Urias back on the roster soon for Soto/Rivera/Jimenez/Maton. Such a huge upgrade is possibly soon. Missing Mateo a lot as well, especially vs lefties.  Vs RHP: SS Gunnar CF Mullins 3B Westburg RF Santander LF Cowser 1B O'Hearn/Mounty C Adley DH Kjerstad 2B Holliday vs LHP: SS Gunnar 2B Westy RF Santander 1B Mounty C Adley 3B Urias CF Cowser LF Slater DH Kjerstad/Mayo?
    • Kimbrel has a club option too, should be the two easiest decisions. But I am sure they will make it complicated 
    • I was not saying this will happen, or predicting this to happen. It is very much not likely to happen as you pointed out- and we agree on that. But just because they haven't gone 4-14 so far this year, doesnt mean its not a possibility. In the last 18, for example, they are 8-10 as you have pointed out. Of those 8 wins, 5 of them came against three of the worst teams in baseball- Rockies/White Sox/Rays (5-4). We dont have teams like that left on the schedule. Do we get to 8 wins out of 18 without playing half of the games against three of the worst teams in baseball? Maybe, maybe not. Another 2 of the wins came in the Astros series which took a heroic grand slam, and an unlikely pinch hit 3 run double from Holliday. Both of those hits came on the backs of Astros defensive miscues, and both of those hits came in games that we were otherwise lifeless/hapless like we have been for the majority of the last 70+ games. We were very fortunate to come away with two wins during that series.  Again, I am not saying that we are going to go 4-14 to finish the season, and crazily enough 4-14 could still be enough to get into the playoffs even if it DID happen. If we went 4-14, the Red Sox/Mariners would have to go 14-4 over that same stretch to pass us, or the TIgers would have to go 13-5 (if they take the tie breaker). Its just something that seemed impossible 3 days ago, and now it may end up being something to monitor.
    • Reminds me of the Nats with Papelbom. Need to excise that wart now.
    • This team needs the obvious jolt and the timing for the injured cavalry coming back is hopefully soon but time is short and we need wins.   I have to think Kimbrel at this point is viewed as "washed" by his teammates and just adds to this negative karma that exists even when they see him in the dugout and not even pitching.   Time for addition by subtraction now for both him and Smith.  We are at the point of definition of insanity territory by hanging onto both.  
  • Popular Contributors