4/4: Mayo's Homer Is The Difference

cboemmeljr

8 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

The Charlotte announcers are funny. They were comparing the Norfolk lineup to the 27 Yankees.

That call on the Mayo bomb was half being impressed and amazed, and half just pure exasperation. He just instantly said ‘there’s a home run’. LMAO that was awesome. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orioles Jim said:

Mayo’s homer is currently orbiting the earth right now.

The fact that they claimed it only went 408 feet means they need to recalibrate the Hawk-Eye cameras there. No way that was "only" 408 feet. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

That call on the Mayo bomb was half being impressed and amazed, and half just pure exasperation. He just instantly said ‘there’s a home run’. LMAO that was awesome. 

His call made me bust out laughing.. It was something like, "And here's Coby Mayo AND THERE'S A HOME RUN!"  

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Baltimore and DC surrounding population around 9 million. NYC around 24 million.
    • This is accurate based on pockets.  But the Yankees have positive Cash Flow even with the huge payroll, because they are the richest franchise in the MLB.  The fact that the owner can fund higher salaries is certainly important, but it isn't the same thing as team revenue.
    • These two paragraphs are not congruent.  I disagree that the Orioles have to resign Burnes.  I think they should be in on him, but they don't have to sign him. I completely agree that if they do not sign him the have to have another TOR.  I think counting on Bradish to return is a poor decision.  You hope so, but planning on it would be weak.  Same with assuming #2 status for Rodriquez.  His case is stronger of course, but still.  We have some depth IF we have a TOR and that should be Burnes or someone comparable.  
    • There are several. Snell, Pivetta, Bieber (depending on structure of the contract), Nick Martinez (swing type guy) and Heaney.  May be others. This is off the top of my head.
    • I think this is correct but I would say it differently.  I think Elias has done a great job constructing the organization and making it one of the top teams, complete teams, in baseball.  That was a huge hurdle from where he started and that has been a major success. Getting from a top MLB team to a successful playoff team may seem like a small jump but it is pretty large.  And Elias has been tentative at best at trying to make those changes.  He has taken an incremental path in hopes of maximizing his long term potential.  So far that really hasn't had much success.   But like Elias, we really should not assume that the changes needed to make that seemingly small jump from AL East contender to WS contender will not require some pretty big things.  I don't know if that is really different than what you are saying.  
    • It was never in hindsight. The Os were always against it. We had the numbers. We knew how bad it was going to effect the team.   That is why the MaSN deal was structured the way it was. It benefited the Os for a reason. That was essentially the compromise to having the team move to DC.
    • The Mets just had more exciting wins in one week than we had in four months.  I called us the Dull Orange Machine a few weeks ago for a reason.  Really boring team most of the season, with no personality at all.  They seemed to have a "get knocked down, stay down" mentality, which isn't fun to support as a fan.  There are a lot of very good reasons noted here as to why attendance wasn't great, but the energy around this team and the organization is just low and that can't help.  And a slow and boring offseason that doesn't move the needle much won't help attendance heading into next season either.  
  • Popular Contributors