4/9 @ Boston

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Urias has contributed so much the last couple years, but man is he bad right now.  He has to be feeling the pressure, who wouldn't?  Same w/ Hays to some degree but I think he knows he has a longer leash than Urias.

Just now, Gurgi said:

I remember a time just four years ago I thought Hays could be the centerfield.  Surprising how fast some guys loose speed.  

That wasn’t about losing speed.  He broke back towards 2B thinking the ball would be caught.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Cowser has trouble up and in, I think.  

To be fair that ball also had alot of movement on it. It bended and swerved inward to land in that spot. Tough pitch to identify. But that comes with time & more experience.

Everytime I see Urias I see a hole in the line up.  We should have Westburg the starting third and we should have Jackson Holliday at second.  I know Jackson can scuffle with the best of them at second but learning on the job has a quality all its own.  

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Urias has contributed so much the last couple years, but man is he bad right now.  He has to be feeling the pressure, who wouldn't?  Same w/ Hays to some degree but I think he knows he has a longer leash than Urias.

Yeah, in both cases it’s not just that their numbers are bad, they just look terrible right now.  Either no contact or soft contact every time, even on highly hittable pitches.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

That wasn’t about losing speed.  He broke back towards 2B thinking the ball would be caught.  

He did but I still think he can score. Not like CF got to it immediately.