Anthony Santander 2024

DirtyBird

With Tony, you are always just hoping he can tread water enough early in the season and his otherwise "off" months. He always seems to have 2 huge months and then struggle the rest. 

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

24 were from DirtyBird.

To be fair, Dirty is always done on EVERYTHING Orioles. As great as Burnes has been, he's even been down on him this year. 

Truly a happy and joyous individual... sarcasm

On 6/10/2024 at 8:30 AM, Roy Firestone said:

and he wont get one. This is Santander's final year as an Oriole. He played well for most of his time here. And he should cash his chips and make a lot of money somewhere else.Bless him. He earned it.

Does his hot streak this week change anyone’s mind on offering a qualifying offer?

what do his end of year counting stats look like for us to offer a QO and for him to turn it down?

Just now, casadeozo said:

Does his hot streak this week change anyone’s mind on offering a qualifying offer?

what do his end of year counting stats look like for us to offer a QO and for him to turn it down?

I was pro QO before the season and am still pro QO.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

No.   A super hot week,  or a super cold one,  shouldn't sway opinions.  That said,  the better he finishes and plays the rest of the year,  the better for the Os, both as a team this year and the chance of getting a pick for Santander when he turns down the QO.  If I'm Elias, I only offer the QO if I'm sure there is a 90% or better chance he turns it down.  Now if we trade some of the kids we are expecting to replace him next year,  then the calculus would change of course.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

No.   A super hot week,  or a super cold one,  shouldn't sway opinions.  That said,  the better he finishes and plays the rest of the year,  the better for the Os, both as a team this year and the chance of getting a pick for Santander when he turns down the QO.  If I'm Elias, I only offer the QO if I'm sure there is a 90% or better chance he turns it down.  Now if we trade some of the kids we are expecting to replace him next year,  then the calculus would change of course.  

I think we can only get 1 pick, and we will get that for Burnes.

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If so,  then I don't offer him obviously.   But I don't think that's accurate.  Could be wrong though. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don't see anything in the rules that says that, but I could be missing something.

16 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

If so,  then I don't offer him obviously.   But I don't think that's accurate.  Could be wrong though. 

I’m honestly not sure either. Just remember it being discussed here and someone who knows everything saying that was the case.

9 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

No, but it will pain me to see him go. Extremely likeable player who's had big moments here.