Adley Rutschman 2024

joelala

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s hilarious that people are jumping off the Adley train this quickly.   Not webbrick2010; he was never on it and has just been waiting for Adley to have a slump so he could pounce.  

What slump, his numbers are pretty much in line with his first two seasons. He is what he is

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s hilarious that people are jumping off the Adley train this quickly.   Not webbrick2010; he was never on it and has just been waiting for Adley to have a slump so he could pounce.  

One bad month outweighs 2.5 years. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Are you telling me you would still be completely comfortable giving him an 8-10 year extension for 150-200M?

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He looks like more out of shape than usual. Wonder if he has injuries that have hurt his training?  

We will probably hear about some stuff after the season.

Agreed SG.  

On 8/20/2024 at 11:00 AM, webbrick2010 said:

He is what he is, a slightly above average hitter, a slightly below average catcher, who may already be past his prime as he seems to be aging poorly.

If Basallo is the future at C I would definitely be looking to trade him for pitching prospects in the off season.

Think of what a package of Gunnar and Adley could bring.  Resets the whole windows for the franchise.

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He looks like more out of shape than usual. Wonder if he has injuries that have hurt his training?  

Or he's more occupied with his smokeshow girlfriend on Instagram and commenting on her every post.  

Priorities, Adley!  No women during the season! 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This is my thought.  He doesn’t look quick or explosive in anything he does.  It appears he’s laboring out there.  He looks like a shell of himself.  

I know alot has been made about how bad his defense has regressed, had there ever been a thought of moving him to first?  I know that would block Mayo and Basallo slightly and leave a gaping hole at catcher.

On 8/23/2024 at 3:23 PM, Ceciltrav said:

Hasn't been the same since that foul ball off the hand in July.......Now the back issue.

The foul ball has to be the prime culprit, compounded by the back. He didn't just forget how to hit.
Before getting hit on the hand June 27th and missing a game, he was hitting .300/.351/.480 OPS .830, 27 XBH.
Since that happened, his line is .182/.279/.291, .570 OPS, 9 XBH.