Cal Ripken Commercial, not teasing Gunnar extension...wow

LookinUp

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Why, it's just a funny promo? Can't believe anyone took anything out of this at all. 

And who in 105.7 thought this teased a contract extension for Gunnar? Might possibly be the worse take in a long time.

People have been speculating on twitter and reddit for a day now. I agree it's dumb and it was never going to be an extension. But I also knew people would go there with it. 

Just now, Malike said:

I don't feel like it was a tease. I think, like most things on social media, people read too much into everything and come up with their own theories and then the herd starts to parrot it and everyone is disappointed when what should have been pretty obvious from the start is exactly what happens.

You're right about this, but it was a tease. What else do you call a tweet of a pic with a desk at SS and the owner saying "Does this belong here?"

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

You're right about this, but it was a tease. What else do you call a tweet of a pic with a desk at SS and the owner saying "Does this belong here?"

This was what the two of us who saw it last night thought of it.

image.thumb.png.9e55a30573fd7282139ea6918a243c1f.png

1 minute ago, interloper said:

People have been speculating on twitter and reddit for a day now. I agree it's dumb and it was never going to be an extension. But I also knew people would go there with it. 

That's your problem right there. You are getting all riled up over twitteriots comments. Rubenstein can't help if the internet wants to run away with speculation on something like showing a picture of a desk at SS.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

LOL.  I’d say I don’t get it.  What’s that all about?  I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

This was what the two of us who saw it last night thought of it.

image.thumb.png.9e55a30573fd7282139ea6918a243c1f.png

Ok? He's still teasing something whether it's a Cal commerical or a Gunnar extension.

Not getting into a petty argument over this like everything else around here. We can agree to disagree.

It feels bad as absent there being another onion layer here I'd guess the end of this homestand is a little bit of a chapter end with respect to the Rubenstein group having a signature splash in its opening weeks.

Fun ad, but its soy not steak.

I get ownership wanting to deploy the Ripken brand working to win back fans remembering the good old days.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That's your problem right there. You are getting all riled up over twitteriots comments. Rubenstein can't help if the internet wants to run away with speculation on something like showing a picture of a desk at SS.

I am the one in the thread who said exactly what this would be before it even dropped, so I definitely did not believe it would be an extension.

I'm just saying, it was a minor miscue from Dave. Fans right now are too keyed up waiting to see if he will spend money. I don't think he should be doing anything cryptic on twitter, personally.

It's not a huge deal. I find Cal stuff to be pretty eye-rolly, but I get that it works for a subset of Orioles fans. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, spleen1015 said:

Ok? He's still teasing something whether it's a Cal commerical or a Gunnar extension.

Not getting into a petty argument over this like everything else around here. We can agree to disagree.

He tweeted that at like 940pm. It already happened. They would have announced the signing yesterday, but they wouldn't pre-film it. I mean, it's common sense?