Cal Ripken Commercial, not teasing Gunnar extension...wow

LookinUp

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

No. 

It's going to be a TV bit with Cal at a desk at shortstop because he's a part owner now. Gunnar will roll by and tell him his office is in the Warehouse. 

I am so tired of Cal already. 

You think it was actually his idea?

Edited by Malike

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Why are you believing Twitter comments? 

This is an old photo taken around Opening Day. We'd know something by now if it was Gunnar. Clearly a promo bit/commercial. 

He also tweeted this yesterday.

• LookinUp changed the title to Cal Ripken Commercial, not teasing Gunnar extension...wow
4 minutes ago, Malike said:

You think was actually his idea?

I don't care, particularly, whose idea it was. People will cater to him like this and Rubenstein is going to use him like a promo tool because he thinks it will be effective at drawing back fans. Personally, I like my modern Orioles without the specter of Cal. It's fine if he's part owner, but between the #7 thing and this fakeout, coupled with the Brooks slander on national TV, the cheapness with the IronBirds... no thanks. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, interloper said:

I don't care, particularly, whose idea it was. People will cater to him like this and Rubenstein is going to use him like a promo tool because he thinks it will be effective at drawing back fans. Personally, I like my modern Orioles without the specter of Cal. It's fine if he's part owner, but between the #7 thing and this fakeout, coupled with the Brooks slander on national TV, the cheapness with the IronBirds... no thanks. 

People whined about Angelos for 20+ years, and Rubenstein is already getting grief after a month. You can't make everyone happy, especially those on the OH.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

People whined about Angelos for 20+ years, and Rubenstein is already getting grief after a month. You can't make everyone happy, especially those on the OH.

I like Rubenstein just fine. It makes sense that he would want to do this promo. I just don't really like Cal haha. And someone should have been around to say "hey this tweet is gonna make people think we're signing Gunnar". Should have just released the promo without the tease first. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, interloper said:

I like Rubenstein just fine. It makes sense that he would want to do this promo. I just don't really like Cal haha. And someone should have been around to say "hey this tweet is gonna make people think we're signing Gunnar". 

I don't know why anyone would think that it meant they were going to sign Gunnar. It was put on a tee that Cal would have his desk at SS and there was a promo coming.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

This would have hit much different without the tease. With the tease, it's a disappointment.

Exactly. It's not a bad little bit on its own. The tease taints it. Fans are eager to see what the Dave Era looks like, so anything he does is latched onto super quickly. When it's nothing of substance like this, it's a little frustrating. 

Edited by interloper

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

This would have hit much different without the tease. With the tease, it's a disappointment.

I don't feel like it was a tease. I think, like most things on social media, people read too much into everything and come up with their own theories and then the herd starts to parrot it and everyone is disappointed when what should have been pretty obvious from the start is exactly what happens.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1