Cal Ripken Commercial, not teasing Gunnar extension...wow

LookinUp

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've put too much effort into this.

Boomers- Beatles

X- Star Wars

Millennials- Harry Potter

Not sure what it will be for Z.

Avengers?  The as-yet-unannounced Fortnite movie?

48 minutes ago, interloper said:

Big misread from Rubenstein. Should not have teased it.

Literally nobody tessed an extension.  I have zero idea how anyone could have inferred that from a photo of a desk in the infield.  If they did, that’s on them, not Rubenstein. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Literally nobody tessed an extension.  I have zero idea how anyone could have inferred that from a photo of a desk in the infield.  If they did, that’s on them, not Rubenstein. 

YARN | You see it would be this mat... With conclusions ...

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As usual social media chatter among fans hopeful that one of the Orioles young stars agreed to a long term contract and apparently 105.7 The Fan got in on the action with contract extension rumors for Gunnar.

I think tease was too cryptic and it left too much room for people's imaginations to run wild. I would place any blame for this bit on the Orioles social media and marketing team. I'm not sure why they thought teasing the Gunnar and Cal video in this manner was a good idea.

Just release the video instead of hyping it up so much next time.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

As usual social media chatter among fans hopeful that one of the Orioles young stars agreed to a long term contract and apparently 105.7 The Fan got in on the action with contract extension rumors for Gunnar.

I think tease was too cryptic and it left too much room for people's imaginations to run wild. I would place any blame for this bit on the Orioles social media and marketing team. I'm not sure why they thought teasing the Gunnar and Cal video in this manner was a good idea.

I mean, there is literally no chance that Cal is going to be signing an extension for anyone. They were clearly shooting a MASN promo, he posted the tweet at night long after the filming had stopped.

44 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why, it's just a funny promo? Can't believe anyone took anything out of this at all. 

And who in 105.7 thought this teased a contract extension for Gunnar? Might possibly be the worse take in a long time.

So just another day of programming on 105.7 The Fan. The last two times I listened to the afternoon drive show while in the car I heard Jason LaCanfora trashing Urias. 105.7 has some decent radio personalities, but hosts like LaCanfora make their programming unlistenable. 

• Upvote 1

Before anyone gets crazy calling Cal a cheap owner of a minor league team you got to remember he had to pay for a divorce and has to finance a new woman to levels she thinks she is worth.  None of this is cheap.  

Now I can admit to some occasional annoyances with Ripken but can anyone explain the Cal hate?  I know he likely hurt the Orioles over the years pursuing a meaningless record when he could of sat down and healed up.  Especially the start of 1992 when he was clearly not right and put on a massively suck filled show.  I know you can make the argument his personal stats and the Orioles stats would of been better if the dude just took a break.  

But what has Ripken been doing in the last twenty years to get hate?  I must of missed it.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree it's on them but a significant portion of the fan base read into it like this judging by the comments on the Instagram post, and elsewhere on the Internet. You have to be careful with social media things like this is all.

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Just release the video instead of hyping it up so much next time.

The Oroles could post a video of penguins in Antarctica and somebody would contort themselves into thinking it was foreshadowing a Gunnar extension.  

I’ve heard that if you play “Orioles Magic” backwards at a slow speed it faintly sounds like weeeevvvvvesiiiiiignedgggggunnnnnarrrrr…”

• Haha 2