2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My game ball goes to McCann.  He saved the tying run with an unbelievable stab and had to block about 5 potential wild pitches in the last two innings of that game.  

I didn't watch it but that is a cool observation. I was going to go with Perez based on the play by play but he threw at least one WP and sounds like it could have been more? I'll trust you and go with McCann. Plus he had a two out RBI single.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

My game ball goes to McCann.  He saved the tying run with an unbelievable stab and had to block about 5 potential wild pitches in the last two innings of that game.  

Here's a short reel of the ones I could quickly find.  Every one of these is with runners on base in the 9th inning.   The last was with a runner on 3rd and 2 out.  https://www.mlb.com/video/00u7tgd3tufIUmaZP356/reels/mccann-s-9th-inning?partnerId=web_multimedia-search_video-share

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Here's a short reel of the ones I could quickly find.  Every one of these is with runners on base in the 9th inning.   The last was with a runner on 3rd and 2 out.  https://www.mlb.com/video/00u7tgd3tufIUmaZP356/reels/mccann-s-9th-inning?partnerId=web_multimedia-search_video-share

Wow, and you said there were some in the 10th as well? That was impressive.

7/28 much needed 8-6 win vs SD. Mountcastle had a big break-through base hit that turned out to be the game winner, Cano fought several infield singles and an overruled interference call to get the save, and McCann had a nice game at the plate... But game ball goes to Mullins for robbing Manny of a leadoff triple in the 8th to preserve the one run lead. Mullins also walked and singled with two RBI and a nice bang-bang first to third.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

For the record the fan vote at MLB.com was:

Mountcastle
2-5 K, 4 RBI, R +8.8% WPA

Shocking he doesn't get the vote here. 

Shocking indeed. I hope they trade him and in a month people are furious that they did because that's exactly what will happen.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Shocking indeed. I hope they trade him and in a month people are furious that they did because that's exactly what will happen.

All it will take is a few defensive miscues and those calling loudest for him to be traded, will be bemoaning  that fact.

7/29, 11-5 vs Jays. Mountcastle and Westburg had three hits but Gameball has to go to McCann for staying in the game and catching despite broken nose and black eye after getting hit in the face. Everything you would want from a teammate. https://twitter.com/AllBannerSports/status/1818051007416283608/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1818051007416283608&currentTweetUser=AllBannerSports

7/30 post-deadline 6-2 win vs Jays. I missed most of this game. Santander and Urias drove the offense, Seranthony looked crisp, but I'm thinking Burnes for keeping the Jays off the board til the 4th and pitching into the 7th?