Sunday, April 28: A's vs Orioles

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, A's bringing in random guys throwing 99 mph, and the world series contending Orioles have the DFA squad. 

I don’t want to hear people talk about how “our bullpen has actually been good” anymore after seeing what the poverty A’s are throwing out there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Agreed it’s not defendable to let Mateo bat when Kjerstad is on the bench. 

Maybe Hyde was worried about having to go into extras with no bullpen left and a big Yamkees series coming up.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, this series loss is on Elias.

He went to war with this blow pen. Hoards offensive prospects and then wonders why his team loses leafs like it's their job.

He figures he is going to have two starters back soon, but it wasn’t soon enough.  Should have been able to do better than this against Oakland. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

In his defense, he's not good and any normal manager pimch hits for him.

Elias has some weird love for the guy.  Its like they keep seeing what they imagine he could be if he didnt suck extreme rocks and actually could hit.  But Mateo is like 90 years old now and aint ever getting any better.   He is too old to get better but they stll push his horrible self out there.   I dont get it.  I would rather see a prospect fail over and over than see a never been guy like Mateo trotted out there.