Sunday, April 28: A's vs Orioles

SteveA

Gametime:  1:35 pm

Forecast:  low 80s, sunny

Promotion:   National Youth Baseball and Softball Day;  Kids Run the Bases

MatchupPaul Blackburn (R) vs Albert Suarez (R)

Lineups

Orioles Bench
Heston Kjerstad (L)
James McCann (R)
Ryan McKenna (R)
Jordan Westburg (R)

Orioles Bullpen

Available
Keegan Akin (L)  0.2 IP, 6p Friday

Yennier Cano (R)   1.1 IP, 15p Friday;  1.0 IP, 12p Wednesday 
Danny Coulombe (L)  0.2 IP, 15p Friday;  0.2 IP, 11p Wednesday
Yohan Ramirez (R)  1.1 IP, 21p Tuesday
Dillon Tate  (R)  1.0 IP, 8p yesterday
Jacob Webb (R)   1.0 IP, 13p Friday;  1.0 IP, 12p Wednesday

Probably Available
Mike Baumann  (R)  1.0 IP, 15p yesterday
Craig Kimbrel  (R)  0.1 IP, 24p Friday;  1.0 IP, 19p Wednesday 

Just now, Greg Pappas said:

The A's desperately need bats and we need arms.  It wouldn't be a surprise to see these teams deal with one another at some point by the trade deadline.

I don't think the A's are going to be concerned with much until they get to Vegas in '28.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Just a slump.  @Frobby is right though, we need to be a bit more patient.  The infamous “two game losing streak”. We’re ok. Just relax. 
    • This reminds me of an early April game around April 2 against the Royals I think, bases loaded, 1 out?, and Cowser got caught looking at a curve from a LHP middle middle.   @Pickles thought he decided not to swing before the pitch was even thrown.   I said he was guessing fastball and was frozen.   Ok, Pickles, what happened last night?
    • I agree with you in that team slumps happen over the course of a long 162 game season. However, I don't agree with the premise that either of those young guys (Holliday or Mayo) are likely to be a solution. We have seen on multiple occasions that it takes mostly all young players/prospects some time to figure out things at the Big League level/adjustment to the jump in competition. Almost all of them struggle out of the gate. IMO the problem with inserting an acclimating player to an already struggling/slumping lineup is that it only exacerbates the problem. IMO we need a few of the guys to get it going before we add any more young guys trying to figure things out. You're words about Cowser seem to indicate that his struggles aren't that bad, but since the middle of last month he hasn't gotten many positive results. And any time he hits in big spots, it's almost been an automatic out and most of the times it has been a strikeout. When he's at bat right now with men on base and the game is late & close, it is more of a benefit for the opponent than it is for the O's right now (regardless of the pitcher that he is facing).
    • He signed a ML contract. He gets his money regardless of where or if he is playing. 
    • Saying he’s lost is an uneducated narrative. 
    • My problem with McKenna (Ryan, not Brian lol) is that he isn't what he is supposed to be. Maybe that is not his fault but, he hasn't made any adjustments to his game. I don't know if he goes into lala land in the outfield or what. But he often takes bad routes and he continues to make one handed catches off the the glove side while on his back foot. You'd think after the drop in Boston that he would have learned his lesson and made the adjustment but he hasn't. Another thing that bothers me (again, not his fault) but he seems to find his way into a lot of media stories or segments. I really don't care what Ryan McKenna thinks of our prospects. I don't care that he was with HK when he got the call this year. I don't care that he missed out on both celebrations last year. I am sure he is a great teammate and person. I'm tired of him being hyped as a speed/defense guy when he really doesn't play that level of defense consistently. He was fine when they sucked but they can and should do better now. 
    • I think we found McKenna's burner account.
  • Popular Contributors