Tuesday, April 30: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

You can't do this, but I'd like to see Baumann start tomorrow, have him drill Soto, and then bring in Burnes.

I missed what happened. What did Soto do?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He almost hit the warehouse and for some weird reason stared Kremer down before doing his 45 second HR trot. Kremer never tried to hit him or anything. Was odd.

Edited by Malike

59 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, hit him!  Maybe they can end his career!  That will show him!

Nonsense.

You don't want guys to bat flip and pimp?  Don't let them beat you.

There’s a line, I think. Maybe not. Still, that was a bit much when you’re still down 2 runs.

15 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I'll take Urias at 3rd and Westy at 2nd over Westy 3 and Mateo 2 all day long. Maybe I'm alone there. 

Mateo hits lefties well, including Cortes.  That's why he was in there.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nothing out of the ordinary. After his long homer, stared at Kremer, and after his bat flip circled the basis at about Stanton's sprint speed -- that is, real S-L-O-W.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It was a bit over the top, even for Soto. Who is admittedly one of the best in the game. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Burnes buzzes the tower tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Mateo hits lefties well, including Cortes.  That's why he was in there.

I understand that, but the conversation was about HK pinch-hitting in the situation against the right handed picture.

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Orioles best to let the Soto thing go.  Don’t need him angry and it wasn’t that big of a deal.  He did hit the heck out of it. 

Yeah. Soto magically turned a 3-run deficit into a 2-run deficit, then acted like he'd just won the game. One of those runs was, according to Boone and NYY announcers, caused by Soto's failure to chase down AS's pop-up down the right field line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Yeah. Soto magically turned a 3-run deficit into a 2-run deficit, then acted like he'd just won the game. One of those runs was, according to Boone and NYY announcers, caused by Soto's failure to chase down AS's pop-up down the right field line.

Exactly. Let him make an ass out of himself. Take the W

2 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I understand that, but the conversation was about HK pinch-hitting in the situation against the right handed picture.

Oh gotcha.  Yeah, I probably would have pinch hit Kjerstad there and then used Urias in the field to end the game.  But maybe Urias was unavailable.

58 minutes ago, Malike said:

As long as they are The Yankees, they will always be the evil empire!

Because they will always have Yankee fans.

• Upvote 1

Over at pinstripe Alley, which I am enjoying more and more, the conversation is evenly split between comments that admit how good we are, and comments that complain about how bad the Yankees are.

The best comments are those from intelligent people who are just admitting that we have a good team, and theirs has problems.

The Crazy hot takes are fun too.