Thursday afternoon May 2: Battle for First Place with MFYs

SteveA

Just now, Hallas said:

i hate the prevalence of the term "super utility."  No offense but you have to actually be good to be super.  Mateo unfortunately doesn't qualify, last HR notwithstanding.

What an odd thing to be bothered about.

Super refers to the utility - IE even more utility than someone who only plays the OF or IF.  Not the player.

I'm not going to say it was clearly ball four but that was pretty close to a perfect pitch and if Cowser wants to fish for ball 4 on that one, he's going to win that at least 30-40% of the time.

Just now, Hallas said:

i hate the prevalence of the term "super utility."  No offense but you have to actually be good to be super.  Mateo unfortunately doesn't qualify, last HR notwithstanding.

From my understanding, you use the word “super” with the term utility when you are referring to someone who plays INF position(s) along with OF position(s).

I don’t think it has anything to do with ability.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

He's not even the super of an apartment building. What a fraud.