2009 Big East Tournament

O's are Legends

This may officially be the greatest sporting event I have ever watched live.

We're entering "College Football's goofy-frickin' overtime rules" territory, here.

This is good stuff and of course I have no clue what you've watched live but IMO this comes nowhere close to Federer-Nadal at Wimbleton last year, or last year's U. S. Open. In fact, I think I might have the National Championship game last year above this game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is good stuff and of course I have no clue what you've watched live but IMO this comes nowhere close to Feder-Nadal at Wimbleton last year, or last year's U. S. Open. In fact, I think I might have the National Championship game last year above this game.

Well the way I see it is that i'll probably never forget this game. Truly a privilege to see this game unfold over the past several hours.

That being said, games with more on the line invariably carry more weight. And as you alluded to, the Championship game last year is just about as good as it gets.

This is good stuff and of course I have no clue what you've watched live but IMO this comes nowhere close to Feder-Nadal at Wimbleton last year, or last year's U. S. Open. In fact, I think I might have the National Championship game last year above this game.

Federer-Nadal was the same thing, basically. But that's a good one (and I did watch it live).

And that'll do it.

What an amazing game.

'Cuse didn't even have a non-regulation lead until this overtime, and yet they end up winning by eight.

Jonny Flynn played 67 minutes! Unbelievable!

Paul Harris had 29 points AND 22 rebounds!

'Cuse went 40-51 from the free-throw line.

UConn shot 36 threes...and made 7 (19%).

Four players scored at least 28 points.

'Cuse got 20 of their 24 bench points from Andy Rautins. UConn only scored 17 bench points: the starters for both teams scored 103 and 100 respectively.

Eight players (four apiece) fouled out.

Did I miss anything?

Wow!

As a Cuse fan, I'm sorry I turned this one off with Cuse down 2 with about 10 minutes to go in regulation. But, well, I can't imagine having to be at work at 6am if I had stayed up for this one.

Imagine if the UConn-Syracuse game was the 7:00 game. The WVU-Pitt game wouldn't have started until 11 pm!

Wow!

As a Cuse fan, I'm sorry I turned this one off with Cuse down 2 with about 10 minutes to go in regulation. But, well, I can't imagine having to be at work at 6am if I had stayed up for this one.

Imagine if the UConn-Syracuse game was the 7:00 game. The WVU-Pitt game wouldn't have started until 11 pm!

Wow! It was a heck of a game. Though I really have to question UConn's stamina- they had no legs left in the 6th OT:D

I think Syracuse had 2 walk-ons on the court to end the game, and their PG played 67 (!) minutes.

Insane game. I watched all of regulation, missed the first 3 and a half overtimes, and watched the last 2 and a half overtimes. Not every day you can say something like that.

Whos gonna be the number 1 seeds??

Insane game. I watched all of regulation, missed the first 3 and a half overtimes, and watched the last 2 and a half overtimes. Not every day you can say something like that.

Whos gonna be the number 1 seeds??

I still think it's UNC/UConn/Pitt/Memphis. I think if Louisville wins the Big East Championship that might knock UConn to a #2 in the committee's eyes. I think Pitt gets a #1 over UConn because they beat UConn twice in the regular season conference play.

If I had it my way, if Louisville won I would knock out Memphis, not UConn. Memphis has won 24 games in a row, but the competition has not been impressive at all. Back in December they lost two games against the Big East, to 'Cuse & Georgetown.

In my mind it would be hard for Louisville not to get a #1 seed after winning the Big Ten regular season & tournament championship.

Archived