On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)

Tony-OH

On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Hays or McKenna on the team this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/24 at 20:09

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

7 huckleberries and revered poster gangsta gangsta voted for McKenna.

The more I think about it the more I'm certain gangsta gangsta is McKenna's burner account.

That's the type of handle someone would choose who wears a do-rag on the baseball field, and calls himself The Lamborghini.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The more I think about it the more I'm certain gangsta gangsta is McKenna's burner account.

That's the type of handle someone would choose who wears a do-rag on the baseball field, and calls himself The Lamborghini.

The Lamborghini has bad brakes and no GPS.

• Haha 1

I don't think any player than Hays has had more excuses made for him on here.  He had the flu so he was terrible at the plate, continuing to swing at anything/everything...because of the flu, of course.

Theres always something with him, there's always some nagging injury that's holding him back from performing like an all-star, etc.  

I've been harsh on him and deservedly so, he's been absolutely terrible since last year.  But Cedric has been awful as well, Cowser is slumping.  So if it means getting Hays some at bats to see if there's anything left in the tank, so be it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think any player than Hays has had more excuses made for him on here.  He had the flu so he was terrible at the plate, continuing to swing at anything/everything...because of the flu, of course.

Theres always something with him, there's always some nagging injury that's holding him back from performing like an all-star, etc.  

I've been harsh on him and deservedly so, he's been absolutely terrible since last year.  But Cedric has been awful as well, Cowser is slumping.  So if it means getting Hays some at bats to see if there's anything left in the tank, so be it.

The concept of “there is always something with him” is why you can’t bring him back next year at the salary he will be getting paid.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The concept of “there is always something with him” is why you can’t bring him back next year at the salary he will be getting paid.

I agree with this, but I also still think he can be useful this season. But yeah, I don't see Mike wanting to pay him $8 million or whatever he's going to make. 

19 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think McKenna could play for a team like the Reds. I will root for him. 

Mckenna is fine AAA CF depth if he clears.  He's a guy that would be ok plugging into a lineup ASAP until Elias would make a move.  However, I think we know if there is an injury to Mullins that Hicks would be an option.  Haskin seems like he's not a realistic option this season, and Fabian's bat is too far away.  Holliday in CF long term makes sense for this org.  

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

His free swinging isn’t any worse than previous years, in fact it’s slightly better than in previous years.   But his results weren’t just bad, they were off the charts awful.  Way worse than the second half of last year.  Worse than Cowser’s current slump or his 2023 debut.  So, it’s reasonable to suspect that his health issues were the reason. Bottom line, he’ll perform better now or he won’t. 

4 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Following in the footsteps of Yaz and Joey Rickard…

Yep. I just saw it too. 

My usher here says, “Well good for him, I always liked him but maybe now he can get some playing time”

• Tony-OH changed the title to On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)
17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wow I thought he wasn’t good enough to be claimed by anyone! At least that’s what I was told by some people on here. 

The Giants must not know what a terrible ballplayer they’re getting. 

Second times a charm 🤷‍♂️