Are we willing to admit how good our rotation is yet?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Left what off?  BB%?  I wasn't saying that BB% was part of stuff+.  I was saying BB% adds context to what the stuff+ says.

Oh, they literally claim that a limitation to it is that command has nothing to do with how they rank it. Two of the top 10 teams according to Stuff+ are 3rd and 4th worst in team walks in all of baseball.

Edit for the apparently easily confused. If you can be among the best in the league with Stuff+ and be among the worst in the league in BB%, I don't think it adds real context.

Edited by Malike
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Malike said:

Oh, they literally claim that a limitation to it is that command has nothing to do with how they rank it. Two of the top 10 teams according to Stuff+ are 3rd and 4th worst in team walks in all of baseball.

Edit for the apparently easily confused. If you can be among the best in the league with Stuff+ and be among the worst in the league in BB%, I don't think it adds real context.

Nowhere did I say stuff+ = low BB%.  They are two separate skills.  I'm talking about the thread topic not what stuff+ uses.

My point is that O's happen to be good at both.  The teams you referenced aren't good at both.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Nowhere did I say stuff+ = low BB%.  They are two separate skills.  I'm talking about the thread topic not what stuff+ uses.

My point is that O's happen to be good at both.  The teams you referenced aren't good at both.

My whole point of contention with the metric is that you could theoretically be 1st in the league in Stuff+ and Last in the league in BB%, which is why I don't put much strength into it as a metric. Many of the teams that are among the lowest in BB% are not on the list so I was just curious as to how it gave context. It was more an indictment of Stuff+, which is fun, than your post about the O's. 

Edited by Malike