Monday, May 20: Orioles at Cardinals

SteveA

Posted (edited)

Team loss tonight. Other than Gunnar, a lot of suck. We just love to lose to sub-.500 teams. Take that opportunity to gain a game on the Yanks and just throw it in the trash can...

Edited by allquixotic
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

I really wish umpires would be held accountable.  

I'm still steamed about the strike three he missed before the three run bomb early on. 

Pretty clearly a strike, would have been an out. Would have literally changed the game.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I value Palmer's judgement as much or more than anyone I know or have known in baseball...

We know you do, and you have that right. He lost me of late with his McKenna evaluation and some of his goofy interactions with Brown and Melanie during games. 

Palmer knows a ton, but I'm going to take Elias' player evaluations over him every day of the week and twice on Sundays. That doesn't take away anything he's ever done, just that I'm not going to take his word as some kind of ground truth.

He has his right to his opinions just like Cal has his right to think Beltre was a better defensive 3B than Brooks (Sorry Brooksy) but they're just opinions. 

Elias is a pretty good track record of evaluating talent and even he's not right all the time.