Maddening, frustrating, aggravating ...until it isn't.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

George Harrison was once asked what he missed by becoming a Beatle. He said , dryly, "My central nervous system". That's something close to how I feel following the Orioles. My anxiety and stress in following this team is unlike any other team I've followed in sports.They exasperate ,annoy,and infuriate , and then, in a couple of moments, often like they came out of a fog...they make you want to hug em. Every game, almost like it's scripted, it seems this team does almost nothing out of the gate. They dont work counts. Make a ton of first pitch outs. Fail to move runners, and simply dont hit much. And then they go into a hole when a pretty poor team like the White Sox, puts 3 on the board...and then you're sure the game is over. But out of nowhere comes an amazing,unforseen performance from Dylan Tate to keep the Sox off the board..and then with only 5 outs left in the game...the Orioles crush three home runs and then win a game that seemed lifeless and fated to fail. This whole series has been an uphill struggle. The White Sox, as bad as they are, are making the Orioles work hard for every win. We had a weird interference call that ended a game with the Orioles on the ropes and close to blowing it. Last night a catch by Cowser robbing a HR that would've cut the lead to 1....and then today another frustrating 7 and a third inning...until, like some sort of  fighter nearly counted out, we pick ourselves up and get throw punches and earn a knockout.I know I must annoy so many of you, particularly on the game thread. I admit, I am Mr. Doom and Gloom , and maybe a bunch on the thread unfollow me or ignore me. I get it. I annoy myself sometimes...but boy, when this team wins, I can feel that satisfaction in the pit of my stomach, and that adrenaline rush. I'm not sure this team, with all its problems has enough to win 100 games again. Probably not. But this Oriole team thru May is still very bit as exciting, and entertaining as any in the game. I just hope my central nervous can withstand the roller coaster.

Great post

baseball is fun

I have the MLB baseball app, but I haven’t been able to listen to the last two or three weeks cause I don’t think they’ve been playing very well. It’s very nerve-racking.

I hope they can keep up being a good winning team. But I worry.

Fedde has been good this season.  It's not like he suddenly pitched well only against the O's.

But yes, the Orioles are not hitting very well.  It's not about first pitches, it's about guys swinging at too many pitches out of the zone -- especially Santander but others too.  Still there are some hopeful signs -- like some guys drawing more walks and being a bit more patient overall.  The team just seems to be slumping a bit, maybe especially on the road -- not anything they can't break out of.

I'm more concerned as usual about the bullpen and the health of the starting staff.  

IDK  - those that honestly upset about your posts may need context.  My only qualm is that you feel the urge to apologize for it. 

Shoot I just wasted my time reading posts about a guy we traded for that was hijacked into how someone hates billionaires.  

1 hour ago, Osornot said:

IDK  - those that honestly upset about your posts may need context.  My only qualm is that you feel the urge to apologize for it. 

Shoot I just wasted my time reading posts about a guy we traded for that was hijacked into how someone hates billionaires.  

I can’t imagine how that would happen with a team that’s gone through 30+years of hell from a billionaire.
Maybe ask curt flood or some of the older ball players or some of the black players back in the day… what they think of the rich owners.

Just now, Phil Beckett said:

I can’t imagine how that would happen with a team that’s gone through 30+years of hell from a billionaire.
Maybe ask curt flood or some of the older ball players or some of the black players back in the day… what they think of the rich owners.

You're not going to get too far around here just making the same post over and over again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, interloper said:

You're not going to get too far around here just making the same post over and over again.

Lolololol

Too far? 

What’s gonna happen? Are you gonna spank me? Are you all adults here?