The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I agree pump the brakes..on the level of stupidity surrounding freaking out over 34 at bats.

Who’s freaking out about it?  More like the “I want Jackson Holliday in the HOF as a SS”  crowd freaks out anytime talks about as a mere mortal.  Lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'll say no. He's not better defensively than Westburg or Mateo, he's not hitting in AAA, just a lot of walks and singles, and Norby and Mayo are ahead of him.

Holliday's time is next year. Think that's pretty clear at this point barring him going on a power binge and a slew of injuries.

I feel the wrath of SG coming upon you in 1…..2……..3

1 minute ago, interloper said:

No Holliday criticism allowed!!

Kid's gonna be fine, but he doesn't improve the team in any way right now. More development needed. More power needed. Next year.

Says he doesn’t (or really can’t) improve the team is an ignorant and factually wrong statement. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'll say no. He's not better defensively than Westburg or Mateo, he's not hitting in AAA, just a lot of walks and singles, and Norby and Mayo are ahead of him.

Holliday's time is next year. Think that's pretty clear at this point barring him going on a power binge and a slew of injuries.

Agreed. I think Mayo is up soon to take Urias and Mateo's ABs. Holliday needs to force his way back on the roster by dominating at AAA for a period of time (again) like all the other guys have done. If that happens, he'll be back up this year. If it doesn't he'll be in the mix next year.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Says he doesn’t (or really can’t) improve the team is an ignorant and factually wrong statement. 

No it's an opinion, actually. 

He's not a guaranteed defensive or offensive improvement over Mateo, Urias, or Westburg. It's fine if you disagree, but I'm not sure what your argument would be based on his AAA performance.

Again, next year is a different story.

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Based upon what?

That the Os are a poor walk and on base team. That alone could be something he really helps improve upon. He also brings more team speed, takes Mateo out of a role he likely isn’t capable of filling for a whole season (and puts him in a better role for his skill set)

And he will be another guy that can provide extra base power.

And he likely is also an upgrade over Urias.

He should also help lengthen the lineup better than it is now.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

No it's an opinion, actually. 

He's not a guaranteed defensive or offensive improvement over Mateo, Urias, or Westburg. It's fine if you disagree, but I'm not sure what your argument would be based on his AAA performance.

Again, next year is a different story.

It’s an opinion that you stated as a fact..thus why it’s complete bs.

He certainly may not help this year..that’s true. To state it as a fact, either way, is wrong.