The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 minutes ago, Royle said:

Rosenthal reporting Kikuchi to the Astros

Well if the reports that they gave Bloss up are true, he's going to suck to face for a long time. He'll probably outpitch Kikuchi this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Great, now the O's should face some AAAA retread.  Crap those guys usually shut us down.

Jake Bloss was traded to Toronto.  I assume it will be him we face.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Great, now the O's should face some AAAA retread.  Crap those guys usually shut us down.

Morosi just reported it is Jake Bloss, the Georgetown kid straight from AA who beat us a few weeks back.

Bloss was the HOU SP scheduled to face Paul Skenes tonight, so it might be the Blue Jays could have Kikuchi backfill Bloss for the Wednesday afternoon finale.

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

If Elias could pull off even one of Tanner Scott or Snell I will feel pretty good.  If we could land both I would be ecstatic.

I think Snell is a pipe dream due to the injury risk, $32 million option. 

I think Tanner Scott costs a ton, and I don't think he will be worth it. He is too risky for the postseason with his control issues. I don't want to give up too much for a non-closer, and Seranthony Dominguez could end up being nearly as good for a much lower cost. 

I'd prefer we get a decent starter. The playoffs aren't certain, and we really do need guys for next year as well. 

Just now, Roll Tide said:

If Snell gets through the season pitching like he is now and healthy, there is no chance he doesn't opt out.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

And that the Giants are “in it”. He might not be available. 

Scott might be pricey too. I’m warming up to Anderson and Ward/Pillar with Erceg from Oakland. 

Not much else out there. I also like the return that the CWS got for Fedde+. If we were to make a Robert trade with them they would definitely want some of our younger guys in Delmarva versus a Stowers or Norby. 

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Morosi just reported it is Jake Bloss, the Georgetown kid straight from AA who beat us a few weeks back.

Bloss was the HOU SP scheduled to face Paul Skenes tonight, so it might be the Blue Jays could have Kikuchi backfill Bloss for the Wednesday afternoon finale.

We faced Bloss on 06/21/24. He went 3 2/3 and gave up 6 hits with 2 earned runs in a game eventually won by the Astros 14-11.

Admittedly I don't really know anything about him but didn't come away impressed after watching him that night.

• Upvote 1