Povich headed to Toronto

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Same! Especially since there is an active thread on potential trades with the Jays. 

Joining the taxi squad means he isn't actually on the roster yet, correct? There would have to be an IL or other roster move. If we think he is starting on Thursday, will we perhaps option Tate or Akin after they pitch today? 

Or else Vespi goes down yet again.

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Joining the taxi squad means he isn't actually on the roster yet, correct? There would have to be an IL or other roster move. If we think he is starting on Thursday, will we perhaps option Tate or Akin after they pitch today? 

You're correct, he's not on the roster yet. If the team added him to the roster today, then they would have to pay him major league salary for today. So it makes sense that they would wait until tomorrow before announcing the activation.

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Seems like a reasonable comp to me. 

Cade Povich 

Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command FV
45 / 50 50 / 55 50 / 55 35 / 50 45 / 60 50

Cole Irvin

Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command FV
45 / 45 45 / 45 45 / 45 55 / 55 55 / 55 35+

If Cade Povich can come to the show and give us what Irvin has I will be extremely pleasantly surprised!

I keep my expectations low to very moderate for first timers/rooks. I saw what Grayson did when he first got here. And I believe that Grayson is a much better/more talented pitcher than Povich.

But as always, I root for all in the orange and black to excel. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm guessing it's Vespi or Akin for the corresponding roster move.

Unless Bradish goes to the IL.  I hope that isn’t the case but Hyde was doing some dancing about it in his pregame press conference.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm guessing it's Vespi or Akin for the corresponding roster move.

I hope it's not Vespi because he'll be out of options. And I think he's good enough to be on the team. 

Could be a good thing to deload Akin or otherwise use another Tate option.

Just now, accinfo said:

Unless Bradish goes to the IL.  I hope that isn’t the case but Hyde was doing some dancing about it in his pregame press conference.

I really hope that's not it because there's a decent chance we don't see Bradish until the second half of 2025.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I really hope that's not it because there's a decent chance we don't see Bradish until the second half of 2025.

Maybe or they just  want to be cautious with him.  Like they did with Grayson.  

O’s are only the slightest of dogs on the gambling sits. DK has them at +100. That’s literally even money. 

Let’s see what you can do Povich. I think we’re playing really good baseball and Povich gives us that spot starter lift. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Burnes has been putting up close to a 9 ERA for a month and he has lost his ability figure his way out of trouble.  I don't know if he has a tired arm or mentally tired or something is wrong.  At this point, running him out there every 5th day for the same terrible results is stupid.
    • You're not kidding, wow! :   https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap/_/gameId/401570466
    • I apologize, I was a bit rude with the way I responded.  Anyways, I think you are looking at this the wrong way.  He's handed a 3-1 lead and got the first batter out in the 3rd.  Then Urias makes an error.  Then he implodes and gives up 4 runs.  Just cause they are unearned doesn't get him off the hook.  He turned a 1 out base runner into a 4 run inning.  This is your ace and he has been bad all month and he came up small again.  And he can't control the running game either, he allowed 4 SB.  Usually his inability to hold runners doesn't matter because he doesn't allow many base runners but that's not been the case this month and it is really hurting the team.  Later in the 5th inning he allowed a lead off hit from the #9 batter on a 0-2 count.  Next Ohtani singed a ball at 108 MPH but thankfully it was right at O'Hearn who dropped it and didn't turn the DP but still got an out.  That easily couldn't have been a double.  Eventually his inability to control the run game combined with Gunnar's error led to another run.  So I'm not saying it's all his fault, but just pointing out that just looking at his outing with the 5 unearned runs is not looking at the whole picture And btw, I am not closing the book on him this season because I still believe that he'll turn it around.  But it is frustrating to see him have another outing like this.  
    • 1-3 with an 8+ ERA in August. 45 baserunners allowed in 25.2 innings. If he's battling an injury then he needs to go on the IL. If he's healthy then this stretch is probably going to cost him several years and tens of millions of dollars on his next contract. 
    • I vote for this.  At least for one start.   I wouldn’t use Burnes at all during that time. See if a full week off helps Burnes any.     Burnes’ time here is almost over.  Who cares what he thinks 
    • The Nats young players are also  playing with a lot less pressure than the Oriole players.  Everyone wants to call up all these prospects but this is what you get with youth sometimes.  Who has been the Orioles best hitter down the stretch?  Ramon Urias the veteran who several people here wanted to run out of town for the Holliday’s and Mayo’s.  Holliday and Mayo will most likely be better players eventually but not right away.  Westberg was one of the most consistent young hitters for this team this year and he has really been missed.  Let's tread water and get healthier and get to the playoffs and see what happens.  
  • Popular Contributors