Should we root for the Nationals?

Gurgi

Root for Nats to boost Orioles pocketbook?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Root for Nats to boost Orioles pocketbook?

• No way the Nats blow chunks. Forget the dough.
    • Hold my nose and vote yes. So we can big high for FA in the future.

I can't bring myself to do it. I didn't initially care one way or another, but I've read some fairly crazy vitriol from Nats fans against the Birds on a number of message boards beyond the OH.

I realize every fan base has nut jobs, I may be one for the O's, yet I don't understand how an area that would generally support Baltimore for a few decades would turn on the same place so quick.

I'm not a PA cheerleader by any stretch, although I absolutely understand his concerns about having another team in his back yard. I saw the articles about Oriole merchandise stores closing in and around DC and people writing to ESPN.com about how happy they were to see them disappear.

Weird rivalry to me, but based on what I've seen and read so far, I'm not a big fan of Nats fans.

-Don

I see no reason to root against the Nats. I live in the DC area, and I root for them, but I have no passion for them.

I agree, I don't cheer for them in the way that I cheer for the Caps, but I will go to a couple of Nats game every year, and when I go I don't hope to see them play poorly.

Neither poll option really works for me.

If you look at it from 10,000 feet, the BAL-DC area is lucky to have a team from each league.

It would be best for baseball fans in the area if both teams were good.

I reluctantly voted "yes", but I didn't want to, simply due to the pejorative way the options were worded.

That's a good way to get very skewed poll results.

Where's the "they're my second favorite team" option?

I can't bring myself to do it. I didn't initially care one way or another, but I've read some fairly crazy vitriol from Nats fans against the Birds on a number of message boards beyond the OH.

I realize every fan base has nut jobs, I may be one for the O's, yet I don't understand how an area that would generally support Baltimore for a few decades would turn on the same place so quick.

I'm not a PA cheerleader by any stretch, although I absolutely understand his concerns about having another team in his back yard. I saw the articles about Oriole merchandise stores closing in and around DC and people writing to ESPN.com about how happy they were to see them disappear.

Weird rivalry to me, but based on what I've seen and read so far, I'm not a big fan of Nats fans.

-Don

PA really pissed off DC residents. If he sold the team, I think Washingtonians' opinions on the Orioles would become more positive.

I was born & raised in Baltimore, but also lived in and around DC.

I love the Orioles and like the Nats. I root for them both, but it's Orioles all the way when they meet head-to-head.

An O's/Nats World Series one of these years would be very nice indeed

An O's/Nats World Series one of these years would be very nice indeed

As long as you're not a Fox executive! :rofl:

I'm indifferent to the Nats, generally, but some of their fans really rub me the wrong way as far as their attitude towards the Orioles is concerned. Angelos did his usual ham-fisted worst at selling his opposition to a team carving off the richer part of his market, but his arguments were absolutely correct regarding the damage placing a team in Washington would do to the Orioles.

:deadhorse: coming!

The revenue problem would be far less severe if MLB had a rational "all for one and one for all" revenue distribution system, however.

Archived