Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?

Tony-OH

Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/24 at 21:12

44 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Maybe I am way too superstitious but I disliked the way Wagner called the 9th inning of game 4 vs the Rays. It reminded me way too much of when a kicker like Tucker comes out on the field and they say he hasn’t missed a field goal from under 50 yards in 3 years. Orioles have dominated the series, Rays never have hit Kimbrel and so on. I prefer to win the game first before saying all that. We were one missed call by the umpire against Siri from having the tying run at the plate with no outs. I know it doesn’t have any determination on the game but it’s my preference.

There was definitely a point in the 5-2 finale where Wagner and BRob were speaking as if the team already had won the game, which I hate.  

I thought Olson talked too much and that Brach talked about himself and guys he played with a bit too much. But that’s kind of nitpicking cuz they were both good.

I chose Roberts, he was my favorite player for a number of years and had a good handle on different aspects of the game as an announcer.

I went with Olson because he seemed to make me laugh a lot. Love having BRob around as much as possible. I like Brad Brach. I think he has good insight. His problem seems to be struggling to get to his point and then repeating himself. Like he eventually arrives at a point but doesn’t know how to just end it, so he rinses and repeats. 

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

I like Brach and his voice. Brian Roberts is a second. The rest I'm not really much of a fan. 

Just goes to show, different strokes... (as with Ms. Newman, cough cough).

I find Brach's voice irritating and scratchy, and he talks nonstop. BRob also talks a lot but he's got great presence (on camera) and delivery, plus top-notch insider perspective.

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There was definitely a point in the 5-2 finale where Wagner and BRob were speaking as if the team already had won the game, which I hate.  

I believe it was Wagner who said they would win the game. I found it off-putting as well.

3 minutes ago, now said:

I find Brach's voice irritating and scratchy, and he talks nonstop. BRob also talks a lot but he's got great presence (on camera) and delivery, plus top-notch insider perspective.

Agree fully. 

It's quite wild to me that anyone would find Brach's voice pleasing or his "postgame player interview" style befitting of a professional broadcast. He's an amateur who is learning, which is fine, but it's pretty rough to listen to for a full game. He would be 50% better if someone just bothered to tell him, hey man - you don't need to comment after every single pitch. 

Edited by interloper

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I believe it was Wagner who said they would win the game. I found it off-putting as well.

I’m against speaking as if a game already has been won no matter what the score is, but I definitely don’t want to hear that in a 5-2 game.   

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m against speaking as if a game already has been won no matter what the score is, but I definitely don’t want to hear that in a 5-2 game.   

I think there were two outs left in the game to be had if I remember correctly. I definitely remember it being said, though. Bad look, yeah.

16 minutes ago, now said:

Agreed.  The only positive with Brach is that he had played with some current players and could offer some insight into playing against or with them.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I chose Olson but I was pretty happy with everyone who took a turn.  I do think that BRob is a bit of a cheerleader.  

You think…he had a whole segment where he praised the T Rowe price patch as some amazing progress for the organization 

41 minutes ago, baltfan said:

You think…he had a whole segment where he praised the T Rowe price patch as some amazing progress for the organization 

Pretty sure that was a command performance.  It was super annoying however.