What’s the preferable way to win a 2-1 series?

Frobby

What’s the preferable way to win a 2-1 series   

50 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the preferable way to win a 2-1 series?

• Win the first two, lose the third
    • Win one, lose one, win one
    • Lose the first, win the last two

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/15/24 at 19:51

3 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I was just joking with Moose about the 108 win pace. :)

I’m aware.  I just thought it was an interesting point to make.  Believe me, I’m thrilled with anything in the ballpark of how we’ve been playing. 

3 hours ago, Malike said:

The only people disappointed were the fans, the players aren't nearly as emotionally weak as the fans. Not even in the same universe.

Yes and? I thought we were talking about fan reaction. I really doubt the players care very much. They want to win every game, but they’re not gonna go home and cry in their beer if they don’t

Just now, Philip said:

Yes and? I thought we were talking about fan reaction. I really doubt the players care very much. They want to win every game, but they’re not gonna go home and cry in their beer if they don’t

You said psychologically, are you not inferring that the player's psychological state is better in your post? I disagree, they don't get low like the fans.

40 minutes ago, Malike said:

You said psychologically, are you not inferring that the player's psychological state is better in your post? I disagree, they don't get low like the fans.

I was referring to the fans. If the OP was asking about the players preferences, I think that would be completely individual. 

Sorry was talking to my wife.

Edited by Philip

Just now, Philip said:

I was referring to the fans. If the OP was asking about the players OK, let me know what other picture six or 31. Let me know if there’s any other that you want to think you take another one this one is not good. Which one do you like this one? preferences, I think that would be completely individual. 

Okay, I wasn't terribly disappointed when they lost the last game against ATL, you win the first two and you're playing with house money 100% of the time. 

I initially voted for winning the first two games of a three game series, but I’ve come around to losing the first game and winning the next two. 

Seeing Phillies fans beat their chests Friday night thinking they’re the best team in MLB only to lose the series brings a special satisfaction. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I initially voted for winning the first two games of a three game series, but I’ve come around to losing the first game and winning the next two. 

Seeing Phillies fans beat their chests Friday night thinking they’re the best team in MLB only to lose the series brings a special satisfaction. 

I was like this, thinking I preferred winning the first 2, but this series made it clear I’d prefer to drop game 1. I hated the Toronto experience—my expectations grew after being up 2-0 (I know that was a four game set, but the emotion was similar.) The Atlanta series was like “ok that’s fine, took the series. Fine.” This Philly series was like “hell yeah. That’s resilience. We didn’t hold a lead for like the first 16 innings of the series and still won it. This team has moxie,” etc etc. Much more gratifying. 

2 hours ago, Ven6 said:

I was like this, thinking I preferred winning the first 2, but this series made it clear I’d prefer to drop game 1. I hated the Toronto experience—my expectations grew after being up 2-0 (I know that was a four game set, but the emotion was similar.) The Atlanta series was like “ok that’s fine, took the series. Fine.” This Philly series was like “hell yeah. That’s resilience. We didn’t hold a lead for like the first 16 innings of the series and still won it. This team has moxie,” etc etc. Much more gratifying. 

Once the series is over, winning the last two is the most satisfying.  But while the series is ongoing, it’s the least comfortable.  So it depends which you prefer.