17 Runs after Gunnar getting drilled. Was that enough fire from Hyde?

17 runs was a heck of a retaliation. Hyde wasn’t getting thrown out of a game or anything. We didn’t brawl or headhunt. Instead we just dropped 17 on them. Maybe we aren’t the cute, cuddly, youngins anymore. 

I bet all of NYY land is waking up this morning wondering who woke up the O’s?

36 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I thought the only HBP all series that was intentional was Gunnar’s plunk. 

Agree it was blatant. Part of me wished he would have jawed a bit but this outcome is way better obviously. The restraint he showed there, and really that we showed all series,  is impressive af. 

43 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

It was in my opinion as well. And considering they lost Judge for a day, it was not surprising that Gunnar got drilled. Luckily he got it in the meaty part and not off a hand. 

It's just the way the game is played. Gunnar knew it, the Orioles knew it, and there was no more after that, even as the Orioles were destroying them. Wheter this is over or not depends on a lot of factors, but it's good to have some good 'ol Yankees hate amongst the team now. 

They never had a rivalry at the big league level really. Now they do. 

Let's get it on!!!

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Absolutely. What's maddening is that they hit just as many of our guys unintentionally - plus another near miss on Gunnar - yet they get mad about "pitching inside" and retaliate. I guess because it's Judge we are supposed to give him meatballs down the middle so he can hit even more HR. I am just glad Gunnar scored. They literally chose retaliation over winning.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No issues with Judge or any player being upset that they get hit in the hand.  

But acting like it was intentional and that the Os are head hunting despite all the stats that say different showed the Yankees to be weak.

The Os didn’t cry when the Yankees hit 5 batters in the first series.

I like Judge and think he’s good for baseball but he looked like a p***y the other day.

Especially after he missed only...... ONE GAME

Next week: "Judge misses 2 games due to hangnail"

Edited by nevadaO
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

The fact that the ump got between Gunnar and the pitcher makes it seem clear he thought it was intentional.   Issuing no bench warnings or any other response is also really weak.

Honestly thought it would have been justified to just throw Gonzalez out. Everyone knew the situation. 

TBH, the way Trevino kicked the bat after Cowser got drilled made me angrier.  Total punk move.

But whatever… it was an incredible job by the O’s to show everybody that they are now the grownups in the room.  The AL doormat days are long gone. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

My biggest problem is what John Heyman said. Another day of legacy media spewing gardage over facts. Yankees have now hit us 9 times in 7 games.

And the Yankees are 2-5 in those games, maybe they should change their strategy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

My biggest problem is what John Heyman said. Another day of legacy media spewing gardage over facts. Yankees have now hit us 9 times in 7 games.

Sorry...I missed what Hack Heyman said...what exactly did he say?