Gunnar Henderson - What are the chances?

RZNJ

Gunnar to 3B by 2026?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances of Gunnar moving to 3B with Holliday at SS by 2026?

This poll is inspired by a post by SportsGuy opining that the 2026 Orioles COULD have an infield that has Gunnar Henderson at 3B and Jackson Holliday at SS.   What do you think?

I got 0%... definitely less than 25%. Not only is Gunnar likely going to be better than even mature Holliday, we also may have Mayo at 3B, or Westburg. Gunnar would have to really lose a step to get pushed off SS, IMO.  

• Upvote 2

I have it at 25% , just in case unforeseen events happen .  However I believe Westburg is tightening his grip on 3B .  Gunnar has earned his spot at SS .  Only question is can Holiday play at 2B ?  I hope he can .  Mayo , if he’s not traded, should focus on 1B and RF 

• Upvote 1

You play Gunnar at SS and you keep him there for as long as he wants.  He is very athletic and makes plays and throws from that position imo that JH could only dream of.    Not even a comparison really imo.    You don't move a GH for a JH.  Huge drop down in the overall defense if that move is ever made. 

I put 25% but its closer to zero. Gunnar is a freak of nature with his height and athleticism. If Mayo keeps raking at AAA he may be called up before Holiday and take over at 3rd, moving Westburg to 2nd. All of this is obviously dependent on who is signed to extensions etc.

Yeah I am confused as to why SG keeps pushing the narrative of Holliday over Gunnar for SS.  Seems to be enthralled with the #1 prospect sheen, but let’s remember that Gunnar was #1 too and his rise up the system and corresponding prospect rankings was rapid as well.  

Poll needed a "< 5%" option.

It's not zero, but it's nowhere near 25% either.   I think your results will be tainted by people who didn't want to vote zero or 25 but had no place to put their accurate vote 😆

Edited by Morgan423

I think an infield of Mayo at 3rd, Gunnar at SS, and Holliday at 2B is your most productive. Westburg looks to be more athletic than Mayo so I'd transition him to the OF. 

0% chance Henderson goes to 3rd so that Holliday can play SS. 

Doesn’t Mayo suck on Defense?

They are all going to hit. I want the best defensive arrangement. Westburg, Urias and Gunnar are all splendid defenders. I don’t want to go back to Mark Reynolds, God bless him.