The one Baysox player that needs to be promoted to AAA at the halfway point

wildcard

We have reached the minor league half way point.   Norfolk is ready to start its 2nd half. 

Dylan Held is my pick for the Bowie player that has not been promoted but needs to be.

3-2.  1.08 ERA,  21 G  33.1 IP,  20 H,   12 BB,  32 SO.  5 S,  6 SVO  0.96 WHIP,  .172 AVG

He is 26.   Bautista was 27 when he made the majors.   With Elias its about how you can pitch not how old you are.

This guy is basically coming out of no where.   He did not make Tony's 75 best O's Prospect nor his power rankings.

Can anyone tell me more about what he throws?

On 6/25/2024 at 2:57 PM, jabba72 said:

My guess is the 8.6 K9 and 3.2 BB9 isnt screaming promotion yet to the front office. Does have 0 HR's allowed in 33.1 IP. 

I'm sure he'll be promoted at some point if that continues.

To be fair, it's not like most of Norfolk's bullpen screams "I'm good enough to be in Norfolk". They all pretty much stink, lol. I say promote the guy, who cares. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

To be fair, it's not like most of Norfolk's bullpen screams "I'm g*** enough to be in Norfolk". They all pretty much stink, lol. I say promote the guy, who cares. 

I'll agree if Norfolk needs the arms by all means promote him. 

Heid's production has always performed his stuff. He doesn't miss a ton of bats but gets a lot of soft contact. I know every time I go to watch him and leave going "eh" but I agree with you, it's time to see how he does at AAA. Plus maybe his stat cast info will explain why he's been so tough to hit at times.