Team W L Number Number
Bal 56 32    

NYY 54 36 71 77
Bos 48 39 68 83
TB 44 44 63 87
Tor 39 49 58 92

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Does anyone feel the magic number vs the Red Sox may be more a bigger hurdle than the one against the Yankees?

Maybe.  And I know fielding percentage isn't en vogue, but they're last in all of baseball in fielding percentage.  IMO, it's a safe bet that the Red Sox will defeat themselves at some key juncture because they field like a little league team.

I do hate the Yankees, but I absolutely loathe the Sox.  That said, I would laugh if the Yankees somehow ended up in third place this season and out of the playoffs.  

Edited by Moose Milligan
  • Like 1

Need clarity on something.  I thought a magic number was the combined O's wins and/or losses by 2nd place chasing team combined to clinch the division.  I thought the Losses by the chasing team came off the total too.  But with this "magic 8 ball" calculator above, are Yankee losses being counted too?  I ask because each time we win, it gets reduced by one per the uniforms number indicator.  But when the Yankees lose and we win, why wouldn't it drop by two on those days?

1 hour ago, OrioleintheATL said:

Need clarity on something.  I thought a magic number was the combined O's wins and/or losses by 2nd place chasing team combined to clinch the division.  I thought the Losses by the chasing team came off the total too.  But with this "magic 8 ball" calculator above, are Yankee losses being counted too?  I ask because each time we win, it gets reduced by one per the uniforms number indicator.  But when the Yankees lose and we win, why wouldn't it drop by two on those days?

It does

These high numbers are great because about half the times a picture is posted I am thinking who the heck is that.  Clearly most are from spring training and not there number if they do actually make the roster.