Indians Acquire Chris Gomez (in 2007)

Spoonless

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Off waivers meaning we just let him go? Did we get a marginal prospect at least. I guess now we have room for the holy trinity of Freddy Bynum, Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez on the bench. God that's awful. At least Gomez could hit.

Interesting. Off waivers meaning we just let him go? Did we get a marginal prospect at least. I guess now we have room for the holy trinity of Freddy Bynum, Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez on the bench. God that's awful. At least Gomez could hit.
I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but perhaps it means they got something for Gomez and with Bynum coming back they send down Fahey and bring up House?;)

A friend who's an O's employee sent me the following press release. Yes, it does appear that we gave away Chris Gomez for the price of the waiver claim. Brilliant as usual, O's!

IF Chris Gomez has been assigned on a waiver claim to the Cleveland Indians in exchange for the waiver price of $20,000, and that LHP John Parrish has been assigned on waiver claim to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for minor league OF Sebastien Boucher and a player to be named or cash.

My friend isn't someone who's privvy to insider info, she simply works for the team and gets system-wide e-mails.

Archived