Who will hit .290+ this season?

GotNitro

Who will hit .290+ this season (in Baltimore)  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Who will hit .290+ this season (in Baltimore)

Is he better than those other guys? Because you just ignored the entire point. That is, you validating great players with batting titles. He's not in the Hall despite three.

He should definitely be in there IMO. Injuries curtailing his career likely are the only reason he's not.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I predict Matt Wieters is going to quickly replace the overated Markakis (at least on the OH) as the one true superstar this team has sorely lacked. I also predict he will hit higher at Triple A this year than Markakis will at the major league level.

I predict that Nick Markakis has made you look silly for calling him overrated.

Jayson Stark agrees with me.

Nick Markakis, Orioles

Why pay attention: Best player in the AL East that no one knows.

I predict that Nick Markakis has made you look like silly for calling him overrated.

Jayson Stark agrees with me.

Nick Markakis, Orioles

Why pay attention: Best player in the AL East that no one knows.

A lot of the experts are agreeing that he's a very good player. Yeah he's not a forty home run guy but he is a very good player. What makes Markakis valuable though is not just his offense but he plays very solid defense as well. I don't think we're overrating him. He still hasn't hit his prime yet either.

He should definitely be in there IMO. Injuries curtailing his career likely are the only reason he's not.

So, just to clarify, you think Oliva was a great hitter and Murray, Schmidt, Kilebrew, Banks, and Reggie were not? You're saying Oliva was a better hitter than any of those guys?

I admire hitters not walkers.

Then you would rather lose more games...? OBP=Less outs=More runs scored=More games won. Average and OBP are often highly correlated but not necessarily. But you can admire whatever you want, just as a 12 year old girl can admire Brian Roberts for being cute.

Oliva was one of the best hitters I ever saw so yes, it does make sense. The thing is (and you wouldn't know this if you never saw him hit) he was a bad ball hitter similar to Vlad. I saw him golf ball a Cueller pitch that was down around his ankles for a homer, instead of taking a walk. That to me man, is a great hitter.

I once saw Tim Stoddard hit an RBI single in the 1979 World Series. Man, that guy was a great clutch hitter.

So you don't admire people who get on base, create scoring opportunities and help teams win. And please don't call me son pops.

Because you know, that if Markakis isn't getting on base Huff isn't driving him in - right?

Okay, I won't call you son when you start acting like an adult in your response. BTW you can call me pops all you want. From your picture you look younger than two of my three grown children.:)

Of course Huff is driving in runners. He led the team in rbi's. I just wish Markakis would drive in more runs than get on base. His role should be more than a table setter for Huff.

So, just to clarify, you think Oliva was a great hitter and Murray, Schmidt, Kilebrew, Banks, and Reggie were not? You're saying Oliva was a better hitter than any of those guys?

Yes I am saying that Oliva was a better pure hitter. The others all had more HR power though by far.

Archived